UPS Uprising at Local 952!

LagunaBrown

What about this "uprising"? You know we seen this nonsense before with that reform 952 site. They tried it at teamster.net and now starting here. Lets all about the slate.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Also, the supplement that you speak so highly of had nothing to do with the current slate.

Howard R gave away the 25 and out back to the company in the 2007 contract. Local 804 members led by the current executive board campaigned against the give back and voted down the supplement.

When they went back to the table, the requested they bring back the 25 and out and that's how the contract was ratified.

Tim and his people had everything to do with winning the 25 and out back.

Howard R was not forgiven and was thrown out of office my the members of 804 two years after that!

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
The 25 and out at 804 is over $3,000. Under the new TA that was voted down, UPS agreed with 804 to bringing it up to $3,500. There 30 and out was also agreed to go from $4,000 to $4,500.

smart girl

We have ours at 384 but our EBoard voted it down from get go. They stood with 89 and 16 others so some are not sheep. I am proud of my BA and their stepping up for the members.

LagunaBrown

Im still waiting for more on this so called "uprising" at my local. Everyone knows our B.A's are doing a good job. I want to know who could possibly do better? Is the original poser, excuse me poster even from 952?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Im still waiting for more on this so called "uprising" at my local. Everyone knows our B.A's are doing a good job. I want to know who could possibly do better? Is the original poser, excuse me poster even from 952?

The uprising is him and TOS with the end result of TOS being a Union official.
​This is how revolutions start - Lenin and Trotsky.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The uprising is him and TOS with the end result of TOS being a Union official.
​This is how revolutions start - Lenin and Trotsky.

HOAX,

In all our yards, the talk has shifted from this contract (which our local wont even discuss with us) to replacing the current local officers. Yes, I am a part of that talk for change and fully expect to establish change in 2014.

In our local and the southwest, we have been "sold out" by our local officials, and this isnt going un-noticed. Look for more talk from southwest locals about changing of the guard in the coming months as this contract plays out.

For my local ( 396), there is NO scenario that will save them.

They didnt stand up for us and our healthcare, they voted against "our" best interests and voted to protect their own best interests.

The members are the employers. We pay their salaries, We direct them to act on our behalfs, and when they go rogue and do whats best for them, like all employers, we will relieve them of their duties.

Change is coming to Local 396 and its starts now. 952 is right behind us as their members are banding together to protect themselves.

104 will have to see what kind of rabbit A. Marshall can pull out of the hat, and if that rabbit turns out to be a skunk, he may find his local forming an uprising as well.

Stay tuned Hoax, this is more than talk.

Peace

TOS

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Do to the geography of Arizona its nearly impossible to form a slate against Andy M.

For those of you who don't know, Local 104 covers the entire state of Arizona. Maybe if members could get together and form a slate out of the two largest Metropolitan areas in the state (Phoenix and Tucson) they could make some noise.

But campaigning in the brutal heat of Arizona is also another obstacle these brothers and sisters would have.

Andy M is a pretty lucky guy and these obstacles have worked to his benefit.

Inthegame

Do to the geography of Arizona its nearly impossible to form a slate against Andy M.

For those of you who don't know, Local 104 covers the entire state of Arizona. Maybe if members could get together and form a slate out of the two largest Metropolitan areas in the state (Phoenix and Tucson) they could make some noise.

But campaigning in the brutal heat of Arizona is also another obstacle these brothers and sisters would have.

Andy M is a pretty lucky guy and these obstacles have worked to his benefit.
Did Andy get elected during the last ice age? Working in the "brutal heat" is a little tougher than campaigning.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!

Are you saying that the Laguna hub is gonna back Patrick K's slate? That building is known to be anti-Hoffa. Three years ago they went hard against Patrick K and I doubt they'll vote for his slate this time.

LagunaBrown

Are you saying that the Laguna hub is gonna back Patrick K's slate? That building is known to be anti-Hoffa. Three years ago they went hard against Patrick K and I doubt they'll vote for his slate this time.

I'm telling you the only real threat to Local 952 is the same as every other local out here........ The M.O.U. not getting done to satisfaction.

rpoz11

Norton, the M.O.U. is nothing more than what it is. An M.O.U.
Wishful thinking that possibly Marshall can create anything competitive financially to anything the company has and what will become after Jan. 01, 2014.
Will the company allow anything, if presented, in any way of a regional HC Plan? ( If they get this then we'll see just how long it may last ).
You need to consider just how much the corporate side wants to see Hoffa, etc succeed with this.
Why don't you educate us all with your know how of this MOU currently facing us all.

Josh will do just fine, no matter what you attempt to state here.

Good luck on any slate you bring.

josh will not do just fine. He is a hothead that is very loud and confrontational. I witnessed this time and time again. He did not listen and did not have the members best interest in mind on quite a few occasions. josh wants to be the center of attention and not much more.