UPS Upstate NY Supplement Passes

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
The first of the 17 supplements voted down was ratified by 65% today.

August 22, 2013 UPS Teamsters in New York state ratified the Upstate New York supplement to the UPS national agreement today with 65% voting in favor.
This is the first of 17 supplements and riders that were rejected by members in June to be renegotiated and re-voted. Members ratified the national agreement in June, but the contract does not take effect until all supplements and riders have been approved.

UPS Upstate New York Supplement Ratified | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Yeah! A supplement that has not one improvement. The new one is the same as the previous supplement. Atleast the total first concession. Was voted down. Gonna be a long 5 yrs. If top sr drivers have the target on their backs.

over9five

Staff member
There was really absolutely no change?

​Bunch of stupid voters up there, if that's true.

I mean, what did the union officers tell them? "Well, we didn't change anything from the previous offer, but we'd like you to vote Yes anyhow".

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What are the total vote numbers compared to the first vote?

Isn't it possible that a lot of the YES voters, didn't vote the first time at all.....
Second vote comes around and the "where's my raise" mentality takes over and motivates the idiots to actually vote.
Sometimes when people pull their head out of their asses, it is actually a bad thing.

over9five

Staff member
What are the total vote numbers compared to the first vote?

Isn't it possible that a lot of the YES voters, didn't vote the first time at all.....
Second vote comes around and the "where's my raise" mentality takes over and motivates the idiots to actually vote.
Sometimes when people pull their head out of their asses, it is actually a bad thing.
Definite possibility. I'd sure like to know how/why this happened.

Definite possibility. I'd sure like to know how/why this happened.
It's the money. I've been saying it on here for months lol. These idiots at ups don't vote. Now you through the no raise out there and they will want to vote. I've got guys calling me or stopping me and asking when I think they are going to get their raise. Posters on here might say they don't need it but the average real ups worker does. They don't want a retro check they want their raise.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It's the money. I've been saying it on here for months lol. These idiots at ups don't vote. Now you through the no raise out there and they will want to vote. I've got guys calling me or stopping me and asking when I think they are going to get their raise. Posters on here might say they don't need it but the average real ups worker does. They don't want a retro check they want their raise.

Unfortunately you are correct. But,only on this. I can't give it to you for the rest of the contract. Sorry.
Just the other day a pt cover asked "so when do I get my raise,?" I couldn't believe it. The newbys are disappointing me more and more. I'm scared for my pension for the next contract. This is my last

subdivide

Part time raise. (Estimates) 70 cents an hour 2.20 a day 10.50 a week 42.00 a month 504.00 a year You've got to be kidding me. Have a great time paying that raise on the new contracts deductible. WHY did you guys do this?