UPS vs Fed-Ex Stock

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Great points. FedEx has lots of debt, we're probably going union, and there are a bunch of expensive lawsuits in the pipeline that the financial world doesn't recognize yet. I'd invest my money in UPS too.

mnnice

It is great to see FedEx lower than UPS and if I was to invest today, I would chose UPS 100%. If you look at the 52 week high for FedEx it was at $99.46 and sold today for $39 which is a $60.46 drop. UPS's 52 week high was $75.08 and sold today for $39.97 which is a $35.11 drop. We are holding our own in this economic turmoil. I just hope we can get back to the $75 range again. When you listen to the experts, they are indicating a long climb back to normal conditions.

bill102

I just increased my stock purchase last month and hope to capitalize when the market rebounds. Even with the decrease in the discount I still think its a good deal. When we hit the bottom of the market and I believe that it will be soon, UPS will be poised to take advantage of it and hopefully the stock will increase accordingly.

Channahon

UPS - 46.24
FedEx - 41.98 as of 3-17-09

First time ever that I know of, where UPS is higher than FedEx.
Let's hope the trend continues!!

And the .45 cent dividend was outstanding in today's economy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The news about that proposed new law is probably part of the problem.

The FAA Act and the EFCA (card-check) are both expected to adversely affect FedEx stock prices. Wall Street sees the Teamster train coming down the tracks, and FedEx will have to raise rates to offset their new higher-cost structure. The level playing field is almost a reality.

Also, latest profit figures were either just released or about to be released.

rod

Retired 22 years
Awhile back someone was saying UPS stock would be over $60 by Memorial Day. I wonder if that bet is still on.:wink2:

Dfigtree

Originally Posted by rod
Awhile back someone was saying UPS stock would be over $60 by Memorial Day. I wonder if that bet is still on.:wink2:
That would be me and I am sticking by my prediction.

And how many shares have you bet based this prediction? It sounds like you have found a certain way to wealth and riches.

If all you care about is stock price, vote to have UPS buy back 600 million shares. The stock price would be about $160. And you could compare UPS and FDX prices equally.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Comparing one company's stock price against another company's is meaningless and impossible. It is the best example of comparing apples to oranges I can think of.