Ups vs. FedEx ground "hd"

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Good work man. That's quite a chunk of change. Tip of the hat to you sir. How long you been at it? And where do you service?

Thank you. I've been driving only about 4 years, been with the company 15 years...I had to wait an unusually long time because I was a PT supervisor and considered an "outside" hire. Typical wait time where I'm from these days is about 2 years.

I'm in the SF Bay Area.

Thank you. I've been driving only about 4 years, been with the company 15 years...I had to wait an unusually long time because I was a PT supervisor and considered an "outside" hire. Typical wait time where I'm from these days is about 2 years.

I'm in the SF Bay Area.
I see. Thanks for your input on my topic. That's a pretty awesome deal you got going. Everybody seemed to be commenting on killing your body and getting injured or needing joint replacements. Any comments on that? I was a roofer a while back and had a L1 lumbar fracture from an awning collapsing on me on the job. Doesn't give me much trouble but I figure it might in the future.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I see. Thanks for your input on my topic. That's a pretty awesome deal you got going. Everybody seemed to be commenting on killing your body and getting injured or needing joint replacements. Any comments on that? I was a roofer a while back and had a L1 lumbar fracture from an awning collapsing on me on the job. Doesn't give me much trouble but I figure it might in the future.

Oh man, that sounds rough. Glad it's not bothering you too much.

I've held up well so far, although admittedly I haven't been driving for a very long time...I stretch religiously before, during, and after work, and I hit 30 crunches on the yoga ball before I leave in the morning. Best thing you can do for your back is keep your core strong. I swear by it. Of course I get the occasional tweaks and soreness in my knees and shoulders that come with a labor job but nothing that's made me lose any time and that a few ibuprofen can't fix.

Oh man, that sounds rough. Glad it's not bothering you too much.

I've held up well so far, although admittedly I haven't been driving for a very long time...I stretch religiously before, during, and after work, and I hit 30 crunches on the yoga ball before I leave in the morning. Best thing you can do for your back is keep your core strong. I swear by it. Of course I get the occasional tweaks and soreness in my knees and shoulders that come with a labor job but nothing that's made me lose any time and that a few ibuprofen can't fix.
Yeah I agree with you on that. I've been at it for 2.5 years now. I should stretch more and do core exercises. Good call. Well again I appreciate the input. Have a goodnight man.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
FedEx ground is classic...pulled up to a house today at the same time as a ground guy and as he's walking up pulled a cigarette out of his lips and tossed it on the customers porch...bent down to put the package on the porch and ripped the loudest fart in history...I fell to a knee laughing

bacha29

Fractured lumbar huh? Well, that's where the arthritis will begin to form along with over stressed joints. Stretching and exercise before starting won't help much .
Arthritis like many diseases is hereditary and many of the tools that were used in the past to reduce the pain and combat the inflammation which were primarily opiods are heavily restricted and controlled in an effort to keep them out of the hands of heroin addicts who acquired them in any way they could to combat the severe pain that occurs when coming down off a heroin buzz. Knowing years earlier what was in store for me I lived frugally and saved aggressively I suggest that you do the same.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Wow that is crazy. Is that just with a ton of OT or what? Because 36 per hour is about 74800 annually based on a 52 week year. Someone previously stated that the 36 per hour is what you top out at after 4 years...
actually 110k a year is not crazy as a driver in ca. I'm in so cal myself. a standard day at ups is 9.5 hours. so we have an hour and a half already built in to our days. but with how little ups likes to hire and puts in as little routes as possible to get the job done working 10-11 hour days is easy. we have a driver in my center that does eam's then his nasty route. his route makes huge bonus on top of his 12 hour day. he grosses 3300 a week. his route is waaaay to much work. full sprint full stress all day to make that bonus.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
FedEx ground is classic...pulled up to a house today at the same time as a ground guy and as he's walking up pulled a cigarette out of his lips and tossed it on the customers porch...bent down to put the package on the porch and ripped the loudest fart in history...I fell to a knee laughing
Im pretty sure 90% of the ground guys i see Are on work release. Lol

STFXG

That's funny, cuz that's what pimps and dope slangers say.
Don't hate on the Ground game.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1466789114.779543.jpg

Last edited:

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
actually 110k a year is not crazy as a driver in ca. I'm in so cal myself. a standard day at ups is 9.5 hours. so we have an hour and a half already built in to our days. but with how little ups likes to hire and puts in as little routes as possible to get the job done working 10-11 hour days is easy. we have a driver in my center that does eam's then his nasty route. his route makes huge bonus on top of his 12 hour day. he grosses 3300 a week. his route is waaaay to much work. full sprint full stress all day to make that bonus.
How the hell does he make that much?