UPS vs USPS

Onestopwillie70

Im a former postal worker TE non career for 3 years . I applied for the seasonal driver position but its the same as being a TE postal carrier non career. IS UPS like the same like the post office culture as far a management? The postal service was a good job but if your not career you get screwed. I want to get with ups and drive the tractor trailer s . Will a seasonal non career position lead to a permanent one ?? Any advice from tractor trailer drivers or non career starters or former postal workers that went to ups for better or worse !! Holla back need info

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
tumblr_mkk4swKssA1ro88rpo1_500.jpg
lol.

YoYo

Am I the only one who has a brain here? Im a former mailman, but decided to go back to school and work for UPS in the mean time. Management are full of dickholes as far as Im concerned at UPS as well. But the union has your back, even if your seasonal/part time. You have to really :censored2: up to get fired. I.E. drunk on the job, kill someone, etc... And yes a seasonal/part time could indeed lead to a full time position, such as being a UPS driver. You have to be atleast 21 though. I was recently offered to be an air driver on my night shift but I found out I can't cause im not 21. You pretty much move up through the ranks from a package handler, to an air driver, so on and so forth. Then you get offered to go to driving school and can become a UPS driver. If you are interested, talk to the supervisors, they are always looking drivers it seems. Or talk to your HR. But be careful, management are even bigger dicks to drivers ive been told. Good luck! You could also apply on the UPS to be a driver. Im not 100% sure how it works but I would think package handlers have first dibs.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Am I the only one who has a brain here? Im a former mailman, but decided to go back to school and work for UPS in the mean time. Management are full of dickholes as far as Im concerned at UPS as well. But the union has your back, even if your seasonal/part time. You have to really :censored2: up to get fired. I.E. drunk on the job, kill someone, etc... And yes a seasonal/part time could indeed lead to a full time position, such as being a UPS driver. You have to be atleast 21 though. I was recently offered to be an air driver on my night shift but I found out I can't cause im not 21. You pretty much move up through the ranks from a package handler, to an air driver, so on and so forth. Then you get offered to go to driving school and can become a UPS driver. If you are interested, talk to the supervisors, they are always looking drivers it seems. Or talk to your HR. But be careful, management are even bigger dicks to drivers ive been told. Good luck! You could also apply on the UPS to be a driver. Im not 100% sure how it works but I would think package handlers have first dibs.
Did they teach you how to make paragraphs at this school place?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

They really are cute when they're young.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Sage advice from the unsure, under 21, former mailman...

smapple

Will a seasonal non career position lead to a permanent one ??

I'm currently training for seasonal peak and while sups and managment keep telling me there's chance of being asked to stick around past December and become full-time, the internet and other workers who level with me say there is really 0% chance of that happening. I'll be looking for another job while I'm working here just in case (McDonalds is a cakewalk compared to this), but I'll keep re-applying every time they let me go if they let me because of 1) tuition and 2) pretty good pay for mindless work and exercise, even if my heart feels like it'll explode.

O

OLDMAN3

Am I the only one who has a brain here?
That is a rather deep philosophical question. What you are proposing is somewhat solipsistic.

Solipsism is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known, and might not exist outside the mind. As a metaphysical position, solipsism goes further to the conclusion that the world and other minds do not exist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

But if I am answering your post then solipsism is an untenable view. In which case why would you ask the question?...

If no other minds exist, why would you ask other non-existent minds if they exist?

Did I answer your question grasshopper?

Last edited by a moderator:

Future

Victory Ride
764367.gif

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
If you want to do
Tractor trailer get your cdl a
and read the contract on how you can transfer in.
If you already have it look on ups jobs for an open position under tractor trailer driver