UPS vs USPS

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Onestopwillie70, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Onestopwillie70

Onestopwillie70 New Member

Im a former postal worker TE non career for 3 years . I applied for the seasonal driver position but its the same as being a TE postal carrier non career. IS UPS like the same like the post office culture as far a management? The postal service was a good job but if your not career you get screwed. I want to get with ups and drive the tractor trailer s . Will a seasonal non career position lead to a permanent one ?? Any advice from tractor trailer drivers or non career starters or former postal workers that went to ups for better or worse !! Holla back need info

2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Wut?

3. What???????????

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

5. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

tumblr_mkk4swKssA1ro88rpo1_500.jpg lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

7. YoYo

YoYo New Member

Am I the only one who has a brain here? Im a former mailman, but decided to go back to school and work for UPS in the mean time. Management are full of dickholes as far as Im concerned at UPS as well. But the union has your back, even if your seasonal/part time. You have to really :censored2: up to get fired. I.E. drunk on the job, kill someone, etc... And yes a seasonal/part time could indeed lead to a full time position, such as being a UPS driver. You have to be atleast 21 though. I was recently offered to be an air driver on my night shift but I found out I can't cause im not 21. You pretty much move up through the ranks from a package handler, to an air driver, so on and so forth. Then you get offered to go to driving school and can become a UPS driver. If you are interested, talk to the supervisors, they are always looking drivers it seems. Or talk to your HR. But be careful, management are even bigger dicks to drivers ive been told. Good luck! You could also apply on the UPS to be a driver. Im not 100% sure how it works but I would think package handlers have first dibs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Jokes dude really, lighten up homeboy:peaceful:

9. dar7776

dar7776 Banned

1414639616726.jpg

10. Brownslave688

Did they teach you how to make paragraphs at this school place?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Brownslave688

So what you're saying is you don't have a clue?

12. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

They really are cute when they're young.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. AirOnTrace

AirOnTrace Allergic to cardboard.

Sage advice from the unsure, under 21, former mailman...

14. smapple

smapple Member

I'm currently training for seasonal peak and while sups and managment keep telling me there's chance of being asked to stick around past December and become full-time, the internet and other workers who level with me say there is really 0% chance of that happening. I'll be looking for another job while I'm working here just in case (McDonalds is a cakewalk compared to this), but I'll keep re-applying every time they let me go if they let me because of 1) tuition and 2) pretty good pay for mindless work and exercise, even if my heart feels like it'll explode.

15. OLDMAN3

OLDMAN3 Guest

That is a rather deep philosophical question. What you are proposing is somewhat solipsistic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

But if I am answering your post then solipsism is an untenable view. In which case why would you ask the question?...

If no other minds exist, why would you ask other non-existent minds if they exist?

Did I answer your question grasshopper?

Lasted edited by : Oct 29, 2014
  16. Future

Future Well-Known Member

764367.gif

17. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

If you want to do
    Tractor trailer get your cdl a
    and read the contract on how you can transfer in.
    If you already have it look on ups jobs for an open position under tractor trailer driver

18. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

Was that on your way back to the building

19. UnderPaidSlave412

UnderPaidSlave412 New Member

Yes, you have to be high to want to work for UPS.

20. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Just have to have a strong desire to make a lot of money and a couple loose marbles lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List