UPS Widget

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by packagemanuk, Dec 12, 2007.

1. packagemanuk

packagemanuk New Member

UPS recently ran a competition in Europe to unofficially name the UPS widget, a little screenmate that helps keep track of your shipments.

[​IMG]

Is it well-known in the States and Canada?

The name chosen, at random, was Brownie!

2. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

Please God, no

3. freeloader

freeloader geek

what is he? a turd? sort of like mr hanky?

4. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Widget sees everything? Widget must be in Loss Prevention.:smart:

5. browniehound

browniehound Well-Known Member

When I first saw the title of the post I got very interested. I thought maybe you were a bean counter on the inside that was going to enlighten us on how UPS plans its operations.

In business school a "widget" is a fictional item that a company produces. I thought you were going to tell us what a "widget" at UPS would be.

Obviously our product is service, but I was thinking our operations were based on an average (and price weighted) of all our services from EAM to ground. And I thought you were going to tell us that.

I was dissapointed to learn you are talking about a freaking puppet. God help me.

Brownie:peaceful:

6. It is not a pupet, nor is it a piece of Christmas Poo; it is an application you load on your desktop that keeps track of RSS feeds, news, and UPS packages you track

http://www.ups.com/widget

7. thebrownbox

thebrownbox New Member

I already have a program like that but it tracks more then one shipping company helpful in many ways.

8. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

OK, THAT was funny!!!!!!!

9. Mike23

Mike23 Guest

I know this thread is out of date but I didn't want to make a new one for the announcement. IT'S COMING TO CANADA! God save us all before it becomes this:

Warning, there is the F word in this but we all feel the same way about Microsofts paperclip:

[video=youtube;HwMmdnezhik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwMmdnezhik[/video]