UPS won't insure spouses of many employees

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I totally agree. It's so simple, in fact, that the "talent" has comprised a list of 360+ procedures to do said simple job.

The talent has also made illogical and nonsensical metrics the focus, rather than customer service.

That kind of "talent" is hard to come by, let me tell you.

​like.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I totally agree. It's so simple, in fact, that the "talent" has comprised a list of 360+ procedures to do said simple job.

The talent has also made illogical and nonsensical metrics the focus, rather than customer service.

That kind of "talent" is hard to come by, let me tell you.

It's the 340 manual and the 340 has nothing to do with the number of methods (they're not procedures).

As usual I snickered at your post.

​Please post more often.

beentheredonethat

It's the 340 manual and the 340 has nothing to do with the number of methods (they're not procedures).

As usual I snickered at your post.

​Please post more often.

The name of the 340 was due to the number of methods that existed. It has since been altered and expanded, but the name stayed the same.

TxRoadDawg

The name of the 340 was due to the number of methods that existed. It has since been altered and expanded, but the name stayed the same.

any of them actually make sense or are most bull**** some pencil pusher (industrial engineer *snort*) thought out to justify him having a job while having NO clue how Operations really is

Catatonic

Nine Lives

No it was not.
Hopefully you are kidding.
We use to laugh our azzes off at Union BAs talking about "What if the driver did 339 of the 340 methods right?"

Each operation Standard Practice Manual (SPM) published by the I.E. department has a number assigned to it.
Package Pickup and Delivery Operations Manual is assigned the number 340.
Central Sort (Hub) SPM is assigned the number 260.
There is one for Carwash.
There is one Trailer Delivery and Pickup.

​There are not 340 SPMs.

The lowest I remember seeing was SPM 40.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
any of them actually make sense or are most bull**** some pencil pusher (industrial engineer *snort*) thought out to justify him having a job while having NO clue how Operations really is

Actually, the Standard Practice Manuals are developed from observing employees performing the actual job.

I think perhaps your angst and anger are meant to be directed to Work Measurement which although somewhat related really are not.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
No it was not.
Hopefully you are kidding.
We use to laugh our azzes off at Union BAs talking about "What if the driver did 339 of the 340 methods right?"

Each operation Standard Practice Manual (SPM) published by the I.E. department has a number assigned to it.
Package Pickup and Delivery Operations Manual is assigned the number 340.
Central Sort (Hub) SPM is assigned the number 260.
There is one for Carwash.
There is one Trailer Delivery and Pickup.

​There are not 340 SPMs.

The lowest I remember seeing was SPM 40.

​Thank G*d, I don't think I ever did even 25 or 30 methods properly, let alone 340.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Wait just a minute, Hoax.

You're saying that I survived 34 1/2 years on my native wits and common sense?

Impossible!