UPS wont promote cover drivers

UPSGUY72

Yes that sounds like total bs..I would be pissed too ....upstate talks about having a 2 tier pay system next contract...well it sounds like its already happening

Anyone who would agree to a 2 tier pay system should have their head examined. The current raises that we get don't even keep pace with inflation. You don't give anything back to a company that is making billions of dollars a year in profits. If UPS was losing money it would be a different story but that isn't the case.

Impex

I'm also a tcd (temporary cover driver) you also don't get incentive pay :mad: but still better then working hub @ hub pay/hours. And since I've been tcd now for well over 2.5 years when I do go full time I'll jump to top pay.

UPSGUY72

I'm also a tcd (temporary cover driver) you also don't get incentive pay :mad: but still better then working hub @ hub pay/hours. And since I've been tcd now for well over 2.5 years when I do go full time I'll jump to top pay.
Why should they post FT position when they can have TCD guys cover the routes. IF they did away with TCD in your area they would have to hire FT drivers.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

No. You don't. Progression is- pay freeze for yr and a half. Then increment raises for last year to full rate. Pt will get raise to full rate for one yr

jaker

trolling
Upsmike what hub are you in I work in socal and my hub they have not hired a FT in about three years they won't put more guys on the road just to get laid off when volume drops , the last few guys hired still get laid off and they got 3 years seniority

UpsguyDGAF

Im in Socal and thats about all I want to say. Ive been a target at my center, and you know UPS is more than likley monitoring this site. Problem is our center has lost about 5 drivers in the last 3.5 years and uses the economy as an excuse not to promote. They have tried a couple times, but supposidly the driver positions get rejected. Sorry bud, but I wouldnt post where your from on here, especially when you file grievances and can be outspoken at times.

jaker

trolling
Im in Socal and thats about all I want to say. Ive been a target at my center, and you know UPS is more than likley monitoring this site. Problem is our center has lost about 5 drivers in the last 3.5 years and uses the economy as an excuse not to promote. They have tried a couple times, but supposidly the driver positions get rejected. Sorry bud, but I wouldnt post where your from on here, especially when you file grievances and can be outspoken at times.
We have not lost any drivers a couple so called retired but they are not officially retired , has of saying what hub you work at screw that I wouldn't put my grievances issues on here anyways so I can say RIVERSIDE

menotyou

bella amicizia
I gave up that anonymity and worry a long time ago. Hello, Brian. :winks:

dogs.bite.me

Ive been coverdriving for 5+ years, theres others at my center as well. It seems the companys new approach is to use up to 5 of us every day, because they can pay us less and work us more(no 9.5 grievances for part timers-sux). Ive been with the company 10 years, and ill never get my deserved retirement being part time forever. The Union doesent seem to help. What forces UPS to make us FT, and what can I do at this point? thanks fellow upsers:)

Our contract states that if a Part-Time Cover Driver gets 200 punches as a driver, then that creates a full time position in the center. That position has to be filled.

stUPidS

I'm pretty sure its part of a general UPS policy to work around hiring people full-time. I'm having the same issue with trying to become a full-time driver at my center. And the union really frustrates me because they aren't doing much of anything! What good does it do to file a grievance when nothing becomes of it anyway? URGH!