UPS worker kicks package on video

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
There is absolutely no excuse for his behavior---he deserves to lose his job.
Geez Dave. Why are you posting on a News 12 article posted on BC linked to your picture/facebook? That's a real bonehead move. Your last little shred of anonymity just went out the window.

facepalm.jpg

Indecisi0n

"He will no longer be working here" -news anchor
HAHAHA fat chance. Lady at this point we are so desperate for people we are going to start hiring the homeless.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The worst thing that will happen is he will probably either loose the stop or his route. Remember cameras are every where and people have turned into whiney little hitches looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

oldngray

nowhere special
It probably would have just been a warning letter but with all of the publicity UPS will be forced to take more serious action. My guess is a hearing and a short suspension. What he did was wrong but if its the first time he got into trouble it shouldn't be a termination.

worldwide

you just never know when your being watched and filmed. so what's the discipline here? failure to follow directions for package handling?

http://longisland.news12.com/news/u...estbury-business-kicks-box-on-video-1.9557533

Should it matter if there is a camera filming your actions? Take off your UPS hat and put yourself in the role of the customer. If you had a $12,000 item rolled/kicked up to your house, how would you act? Would this be acceptable to you?

There is not any circumstance that justifies how this driver treated the package, regardless of the value of the item inside. Does not matter if the customer refused delivery, had no money for a COD or any other reason they refused delivery.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Should it matter if there is a camera filming your actions? Take off your UPS hat and put yourself in the role of the customer. If you had a $12,000 item rolled/kicked up to your house, how would you act? Would this be acceptable to you?

There is not any circumstance that justifies how this driver treated the package, regardless of the value of the item inside. Does not matter if the customer refused delivery, had no money for a COD or any other reason they refused delivery.
I heard this morning the driver who made the news is a seasonal....shocking.

ibleedbrown

what that driver did was wrong, and inexcusable! i swear some of you guys sound like cops towing the thin blue line, or the ups version = the thin brown line lol!! that sort of thing would never happen in plattsburgh ny.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
what that driver did was wrong, and inexcusable! i swear some of you guys sound like cops towing the thin blue line, or the ups version = the thin brown line lol!! that sort of thing would never happen in plattsburgh ny.
In the BOG (aka Plattsburgh) the packages float gently from the PC to the customer's hands on the wings of angels. Lots of sparkly fairy dust.