UPS worker; Orlando, FL HUB

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Today, going into work, come to see three cop cars out in the front parking lot. Later as I walk along further come to see about 4 or more inside the HUB yard itself. I thought at first a bomb or lots of drugs. Later, while inside, I asked a friend about it and he tells me someone got arrested (!!). Another friend said he saw someone with cuffs on and a vest sitting on a cop car in the yard.

Thats all I know so far, and to ask if anyone knows anymore details. I'm not trying to snoop, just wondering what happens in everyday life here at UPS. Thanks!

Nimnim

The Nim
I'll see if there's any gossip about it when I go into work tonight. Given the time of your post I'm assuming you're in the preload shift, and there were no police around when I left about 4 am this morning.

Nimnim

The Nim
Wow, lotta gossip about it tonight. Few confirmations, I do have a name and a mugshot, and a little info some still speculation about what happened.

What I know for sure is laptops being stolen by a 22.3 and passed over the fence in the back of the property. Speculation is there is more than 1 person involved as people claim the person caught said they weren't going to go down alone, and a friend of mine says when they were leaving work, before the police showed, they spotted a person wandering around the fence looking like they were waiting for something.

Loss prevention has supposedly been watching this for awhile, probably waiting for the amount of good stolen to be high enough to increase the charges.

They were caught because the person who caught them spotted the reflection from their yard vest so they went to find out why someone was going out into the wooded area on the edge of property by the retention pond. Whether or not the vest part is true, they were spotted going back there and then followed.

And I can't confirm this myself, and it's a special note just for Orly, but people who worked near the person say he smelled.

If a mod would be so kind as to give me an ok, I'll post the name and mugshot I've gotten from my local news site.

Nimnim

The Nim
Not much, but there's a chance Orly knows the person. I know I didn't recognize the name, but the picture made it happen.

Either way, it's not that important so I figured I'd ask permission first.

Nimnim

The Nim
Ah stinky, good to have a chuckle at this hour.

Anyways, I thought about that. I also thought about the many other people who might peruse this forum from the same hub as me that don't post.

I'll give it a bit, Orly should be working at this time, and might not even need it. If that's the case everything is settled.

Oh yeah, more related to the actual gossip. Charge is Grand Theft 3rd Degree

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If a mod would be so kind as to give me an ok, I'll post the name and mugshot I've gotten from my local news site.

I am a Moderator and this is in response to your request for a Mod to advise you:
Why not just post the link to the webpage that has the story, the name and the mugshot.
That is normally what people do.

Nimnim

The Nim
Perfectly legitimate question. The answer is pretty easy too, there's no actual stories written at this time, so I had to look through the mug shots on the news sites. So a name is handy there since they don't have direct links to each picture for some reason.

I guess I'll hold all info for the time being until a story is written that I can link to instead.

A worker was caught tossing pkgs (laptops) over fence behind car wash. They say he had been suspected of doing this for some time...it finally caught up with him. Also they say when he was caught he tried to run..however he had one of the yard reflective vests on and I don't think it was too hard to follow and catch him:happy-very:

browndevil

A worker was caught tossing pkgs (laptops) over fence behind car wash. They say he had been suspected of doing this for some time...it finally caught up with him. Also they say when he was caught he tried to run..however he had one of the yard reflective vests on and I don't think it was too hard to follow and catch him:happy-very:
At least he was following proper methods for yard control:funny:

Nimnim

The Nim
Hmm, 68 mustang must be better on the gossip thing than me. Damn, I need to work harder, in a hub irregs are like second best to gossip after feeders.

Edit: I feel better now, my gossip skills were in fact beaten by a feeder driver. 68 mustang, mind if I ask what load you normally run to Orlando?

Last edited:

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
The guys name is Bruce. He was a full timer and had 2 years left on his 401k.

I knew the guy as well, because he worked twlight along side of us during preload. He was suspected of stealing for some time now.

The over all amount found over the fence was 3000 dollars in labtops. I even heard he was set up, baited.

The police went to the guys house and found a mother load of possible stolen goods.

Yep, he was confronted about it and he ran off somewhere. Or he was confroted by security with police officers and decided to book it.

Hmm, 68 mustang must be better on the gossip thing than me. Damn, I need to work harder, in a hub irregs are like second best to gossip after feeders.

Edit: I feel better now, my gossip skills were in fact beaten by a feeder driver. 68 mustang, mind if I ask what load you normally run to Orlando?

I am out of Orlando.....:wink2:

Fair enough, probably should have said "to/from".

Still no shame from being beaten by a feeder driver with gossip. Not like you guys have much else to do while waiting for the loads to be ready.

Thanks...and I'm quite proud of the few pounds I've gained from waiting on loads....