UPS workers comp

H

hseofpayne

Hseofpayne the surgeons even have a agenda they get business from Liberty Mutual, so you have to watch every one involved. If they give a opinion that Liberty Mutual does not like the money train will stop for the surgeon. Liberty will have nurses breathing down the neck of the surgeons trying to get you back ASAP even when you are not even close.
Then the physical therapist are part of it too if you are not making progress they make you out as A faker.
Again if the therapist are not saying you are ready even when you are not they risk losing lots of money form future patients.
I wish you luck my friend there are hundreds of people that have gone through what you are going through.
YOU MUST GETA GOOD WORK COMP ATTORNEY ask the union hall for one for starters.:thumbup1:
Beatupbrown: My first doctor told me I only had a neck and shoulder strain, asked for another panel doctor after 2 MRI's showed otherwise. Next guy sais I could go on back to work with 2 bulging and 1 herniated disc, that nothing I did at UPS would make it any worse. Made it through a couple hours of pain that 1 day, got my own doctor now who seems to understand what I do for a living, wants me to be as fixed as possible before releasing me. I have what I believe to be a good workers comp lawyer, he got me reimbursed for lots of gas mileage. liberty didn't mention before I got the lawyer. Its a jungle out here! There are between 30 and 50,000 UPS present or past workers involved in a class action lawsuit against UPS for not helping injured workers get back to work.

If you have any questions about dealing with Liberty Mutual or the Workers Comp. process drop me a line. Would be glad to help a fellow injured worker. Took 4 years for my case to settle from the day I got hurt and UPS never fought my case. :(

Treegrower

Sorry to hear of all of your troubles. My experience has not been like that at all. Not all smooth sailing by any means. I guess I was just lucky. I won the "lottery" when it came to my health care and worker's comp and UPS. I have a U.S. Senator that I have delivered to at his home and conversed with on different ocassions. I even helped out in his last campaign. When I was initally injured and UPS tried to "yank my chain" I called his office and asked for any help I could get from them. After that.... silence. Coincidence??? Maybe????
I am truely sorry to hear of your plight. Hope all goes well in the future for you. I wish I had all kinds of great advice to you, but sadly I do not. My experience is not the norm and I know that. Agaain I am truely sorry to hear of your plight.

Johney

....what a coincidence!
I'm not sure I would believe that.
She may have declared bankruptcy in order to protect her "assets".
Your attorney can determine if she is concealing her "assets" so that you can't/don't seize them.
I agree Trick, but House aren't you suing her insurance company? So it really shouldn't matter if she files bankruptcy or not.
House,
You are getting so much advice I can't keep up reading and answering everything. Sorry:sad:. Just keep up with the attornies and if it has to go in front of a comp judge ask for everything to be back paid pension, benefits, back pay. The work hardening I went through was prescribed by my doctor after I had my surgery due to winning my case against Liberty.

H

hseofpayne

I agree Trick, but House aren't you suing her insurance company? So it really shouldn't matter if she files bankruptcy or not.
House,
You are getting so much advice I can't keep up reading and answering everything. Sorry:sad:. Just keep up with the attornies and if it has to go in front of a comp judge ask for everything to be back paid pension, benefits, back pay. The work hardening I went through was prescribed by my doctor after I had my surgery due to winning my case against Liberty.
Bankruptcy was done because she had the lowest legal limit on her coverage. UPS has filed a subrogation claim to recover there expenses from my medical bills. In other words, there willnot be nearly enough coverage to cover my medical expenses, let alone my lost wages, pain and suffering, etc. She filed to protect her assets. I really don't know what you can recover from workers comp. My lawyer is looking into underinsured coverage on my personal vehicle as well.Thanks for all the help!