UPS worth less than.....

kingOFchester

I wasn't in on the trading so I threw out the numbers I heard in passing. From what I understand it was acquired at closer to $39 and sold partially as it neared its peak and the rest it fell. Someone said dumb truck driver. Well thats what I am as when I'm spoken to in "broker" speak it gets foggy with talk of margins and calls and holds and buys and sells. I just ask if we made money or not. Was FB a overall dud in comparison to Google (thanks to it being Kleins sole source of knowledge it has been very profitable) and Apple, yes.

So:
1) Did I talk too quick on something that I am not the expert on in the family ,yes.

2) My "insider" has been in the business for over 20 years and with her former company is where it was bought.

And 3) for my buddy Klein. Who the friend are you to call out BS o'King of Google? If you were to Google your own name you couldn't come back with the correct facts. And you stock tips were cut and paste straight out of the newspaper so who are you to talk? And isn't your retirement plan, besides living of Mommy's teet, investing in lottery tickets, aluminum cans, stock in trinket companies, and kickbacks from the Cuban board of tourism? I'll admit to the others I was out over my ski's on what I said. You, you can go shove your head back up your bum before you can criticize me.
And don't get me started on your comment about refusing to pay for a website. (it has to do with it being your only shot at a sex life)

Well good for you!! Fun making money by just doing a few trades. Now go an spend the money wisely, or better yet.....sock it away!!

over9five

Staff member
Cach.....Sometimes they call him Ca$h.

Anyhow, I think the money you made should go towards the beer for that big Brown Cafe members party you're throwing!

Cach.....Sometimes they call him Ca$h.

Anyhow, I think the money you made should go towards the beer for that big Brown Cafe members party you're throwing!

I'm converting it to Canadian Stoopids or whatever they call their money so we can take a road trip to Alberta.

moreluck

golden ticket member
UPS today 75.00
up_g.gif
0.24(0.32%)

Facebook 32.00
up_g.gif
1.00(3.23%)

Interesting that Facebook went up today.

No comment Pro or Con, I really thought it would go down (Facebook)

That is why I am not a stock broker.
Apple was up over $13 today and up $30 on Monday!!

klein

Für Meno :)
UPS today 75.00
up_g.gif
0.24(0.32%)

Facebook 32.00
up_g.gif
1.00(3.23%)

It actually made sense to me, because with a banking trading account, you can actually have a credit limit, without using your own money.
It's good for 3 trading days, and either you sell the shares back or you actually fork over the "dough".

In this case the short sellers that didn't use thier own money, bought the shares back today.
Today they started buying on short selling for "free" again.
Watch fb sink tomorrow !

P

pickup

It actually made sense to me, because with a banking trading account, you can actually have a credit limit, without using your own money.
It's good for 3 trading days, and either you sell the shares back or you actually fork over the "dough".

In this case the short sellers that didn't use thier own money, bought the shares back today.
Today they started buying on short selling for "free" again.
Watch fb sink tomorrow !

Read the above in the voice you hear in the video below. Yes that's our dear Klein talking.

Edmonton, Canada - May 4th, 2010 Winter is back ! - YouTube

P

pickup

I bought into it, after that crash. I was making as much as $500 weekly payments into it , starting in year 2002.
Bought most of it under $2000 (nasdaq mutual fund). Even today I still get warning letters and phonecalls from my security fund company that I'm invested into a high risk growth fund.
I just tell them to shut up, and I know what I'm doing and I believe technoligy is the best to invest into.
And just look how well I did sofar.
Everyone is hooked on technoligy these days - they need the newest cell phone, the newest TV, and can't go with a computer, etc.
Apple is my largest holding according to my fund, and I think it was trading only at $30 a share at the time I started buying into the fund. (The Iphone, Ipad, Ipod or Itunes weren't even out, yet) !

Maybe your security fund company is warning you so you don't experience another fiasco like you did so many years ago:

No messages, nothing since July 2004.
I guess it's over.
But, I do believe some of you come back and check every so often, just like myself.
I guess we lost it all ?

But, in the other hand, if Newstar has any money at all, or earning MONEY, it does belong to us shareholders. Right ?

It's been a very long waiting game. I wonder if they have already been sued ?

Well, good luck to all of you !
It will take a miracle to see some money out of this one !
Would be like winning the lottery, if we only got 10 cents/share !

Catatonic

Nine Lives
For whatever price Kodak is selling now, I think under a dollar off hand.
The name itself is worth that much money.
Nothing to lose there.

Klein,
I think we all have posted something we wish we never had.
Let know and I will delete this post for you.
Even I feel sorry for you on this one.

klein

Für Meno :)
Klein,
I think we all have posted something we wish we never had.
Let know and I will delete this post for you.
Even I feel sorry for you on this one.

Actually, no need to.
I looked up Kodak after posting that, it's trading at 17cents/share.
Below their total assests, such as buildings, equipment, land ownership, etc.
The name has to be worth something, too.

Can't really go wrong investing into it at the current share price.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Actually, no need to.
I looked up Kodak after posting that, it's trading at 17cents/share.
Below their total assests, such as buildings, equipment, land ownership, etc.
The name has to be worth something, too.

Can't really go wrong investing into it at the current share price.

Klein,
Seriously ... You will lose everything you invest in Kodak if you buy the common stock on the NYSE.
When the assets are sold-off, the owners of common stock will be the last paid off and there will be no money left by the time it gets down to the owners of common stock.
This is not an all inclusive list but the usual order of pay-off is:
Lawyers (they always get paid) - 100%
Preferred debt owners - 50%
Normal debt owners - 20%
Preferred Bond owners - 5%
Bond owners - 0%
Preferred stock owners - 0%
Common stock owners - 0%

In the case of Kodak, their assets will sold off and a percentage paid on the outstanding value at my guess above.

Ignorance may be bliss but it can be damn expensive too!

P

pickup

Klein,
Ignorance may be bliss but it can be damn expensive too!

Hoax, please, if you were around when Jack was trading his cow for a handful of magic beans, you probably would have talked him out of it.

Let Klein purchase stock in what is sure to become a gigantic beanstalk that will allow him to get the goose that lays the golden eggs.

P

pickup

We shall see who is right on this one Hoaxster - just remember 17 cents/share !

You know Klein , in a cheap claiming race in horse racing., sometime the real reason behind a horse being 99-1 on the toteboard is not because he is an undiscovered diamond in the ruff but because he is a has-been whose better days are long behind him. The only reason why he is racing is that the current trainer is hoping another trainer is overly optimistic and foolish enough to pay the claiming price to take him off his hands.

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hoax, please, if you were around when Jack was trading his cow for a handful of magic beans, you probably would have talked him out of it.

Let Klein purchase stock in what is sure to become a gigantic beanstalk that will allow him to get the goose that lays the golden eggs.
You mean the loon that lays the golden egg??

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We shall see who is right on this one Hoaxster - just remember 17 cents/share !

I know people who bought K-mart when it was 20 cents a share in a very similar situation.
They lost whatever they invested.

You can do what you want but please don't advise others to do stupid stuff.
That is my real intent pickup ... some people may read klein's advise that seems superficially plausible and they will lose that money.

texan

UPS today 75.00
up_g.gif
0.24(0.32%)

Facebook 32.00
up_g.gif
1.00(3.23%)

Facebook 31.83 -1.20‎ (-3.63%‎) as of 12:45 Eastern 05/25/2012