UPS worth less than.....

klein

Für Meno :)
I know people who bought K-mart when it was 20 cents a share in a very similar situation.
They lost whatever they invested.

You can do what you want but please don't advise others to do stupid stuff.
That is my real intent pickup ... some people may read klein's advise that seems superficially plausible and they will lose that money.

Yeah, K-mart, a US retail store, no where else to find in the world.

Can't actually compare that to GM that was trading below $2.00 now somewhere in the 10 fold range, right ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I may be wrong but the GM stock that was trading at $2/share is not the same as the current GM stock.

I do know that if you buy Kodak at .17/share you will lose everything.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yeah, K-mart, a US retail store, no where else to find in the world.

Can't actually compare that to GM that was trading below $2.00 now somewhere in the 10 fold range, right ?

Klein - with every post you display your total ignorance of how the stock market works especially under bankruptcy.

The old GM stock example is exactly what is going to happen with the Kodak stock and I was going to use it but chose K-Mart instead.

GM is currently traded with the "GM" symbol which is the stock that was issued on 11/18/2010 at $35/share on the NYSE after the bankruptcy proceedings. $22 a share today.

The people that had the old GM stock before GM went into bankruptcy, own a stock with the symbol (MTLQQ) which is valued at ZERO.
This is an excerpt from Investors FAQ:
The old GM Corporation common stock became Motors Liquidation Company common stock in June 2009, and traded as MTLQQ on the over the counter market until the confirmed bankruptcy plan cancelled the shares on March 31, 2011. The stockholders did not receive any consideration for their holdings and the stock no longer has value.

BCers -I assume you have enough sense to never take advice from Klein but definitely don't take the advice on Kodak.

klein

I just bought 100,000 shares of Kodak.

I have faith in you, Klein!

I don't know how it is now, or in the US, but anybody with a Staples route should know how many Kodak printers go out per week.
Personally on my route , I had atleast 50 of them per week heading to Staples.

Made in China ? Most likely, but so is Apple, too.

P

pickup

I don't know how it is now, or in the US, but anybody with a Staples route should know how many Kodak printers go out per week.
Personally on my route , I had atleast 50 of them per week heading to Staples.

Made in China ? Most likely, but so is Apple, too.

a route you did over three years ago, a lot has changed since then.

klein

Facebook stock is dropping like a shiny over-hyped rock.

Zucker himself took out $1 Billion !
What does that tell you ?
Where would he put $1 Billion , anyways ? Most likely in other stocks - no one keeps that amount of cash in a bank !

klein

How they came up with opening up that stock at 100 times the value, beats me.
Eventually, these shares will be trading under $10 per share, and rather sooner than later.

In 85 days other new millioniares and billionaires at facebook (on paper), will also be entitled to cash out their shares, and will probably want to buy a home, new car, etc with their new riches.
PLus, a lot of people are short selling this stock, added altogther, stop losses will kick in, and further bring the price down.

Getting closer to my prediction :
Closed today at $20.04 ! Lost more than half it's value already (started trading at $42/share) !

Catatonic

Nine Lives

This article has some apparent holes in it as FB does not pass State or postal codes to canvas apps such as this one.

I personally don't accept any non-FB originated apps ... you have to "Allow" these apps and I always deny unless I am very sure of the source.

If you do accept an app. make sure the app does not ask for permission to post to your wall or another person/company's wall.

If you have problems with a FB "friend", you can unfriend them and they will not know since FB does not reveal that.

You can also block a friends posts if they think FB is twitter or offend you with their posts.

I have not had any problems with FB using these precautions.

In regards to FB as a stock, I might invest a small % with the idea that it is a long-term investment ... that move would be in the less than $20/ share.
One big potential is that FB could be an almost universal log-in for any company/website that has a FB canvas app in place.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Some guys are trading options for $15. Supposedly one guy is betting the farm it hits $15 and he'll make a close to a million.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This article has some apparent holes in it as FB does not pass State or postal codes to canvas apps such as this one.

I personally don't accept any non-FB originated apps ... you have to "Allow" these apps and I always deny unless I am very sure of the source.

If you do accept an app. make sure the app does not ask for permission to post to your wall or another person/company's wall.

If you have problems with a FB "friend", you can unfriend them and they will not know since FB does not reveal that.

You can also block a friends posts if they think FB is twitter or offend you with their posts.

I have not had any problems with FB using these precautions.

In regards to FB as a stock, I might invest a small % with the idea that it is a long-term investment ... that move would be in the less than $20/ share.
One big potential is that FB could be an almost universal log-in for any company/website that has a FB canvas app in place.

I was looking at the preview of the new Microsoft server based e-mail application at Outlook.com.
Microsoft's strategy with this app is to unify the social networking experience based on the premise that e-mail is at the center of that experience.
Microsoft is asking to do everything I said not to do but I am considering "Allow"ing this massive intrusion.

Red Arrows indicate caution.
Outlook and FB.jpg