Ups worth the wait?

davidix

I've been package handling for 7 months or so. So far so good. It's like a work out and the people you work with usually make it entertaining to say the least.

I never considered ups a career to be honest. I got this job while I was furloughed from my main job. I was lucky enough to get called back shortly after and still have a schedule I can work both jobs. I kept it the 1st month or so for gas and weekend money. But since then I've learned so much about ups that it really caught my eye.

Obviously one can't survive and support a family on 11 bucks an hour. So If ups is worth it in the long term I would have to make some sacrifices financially in order to continue this unexpected journey :)

So my question is simple. Is ups a rewarding career.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I'll put it like this. If you have a dream job you really want, peruse that. Go for it. If you have no plans, and you are not spending thousands on a college education, stick with it, and sign every full time bid sheet that comes up. Good luck.

billerz

I'll put it like this. If you have a dream job you really want, peruse that. Go for it. If you have no plans, and you are not spending thousands on a college education, stick with it, and sign every full time bid sheet that comes up. Good luck.
My thoughts exactly, I feel like if you have no other skills or education, then ups makes for a great career. Despite all of the crap people say on here, we work for a great company that pays its employees well.

I've been package handling for 7 months or so. So far so good. It's like a work out and the people you work with usually make it entertaining to say the least.

I never considered ups a career to be honest. I got this job while I was furloughed from my main job. I was lucky enough to get called back shortly after and still have a schedule I can work both jobs. I kept it the 1st month or so for gas and weekend money. But since then I've learned so much about ups that it really caught my eye.

Obviously one can't survive and support a family on 11 bucks an hour. So If ups is worth it in the long term I would have to make some sacrifices financially in order to continue this unexpected journey :)

Holydriver

Sign those FT bids. Best job out there. Time flies around here even when you're not having fun

Johny

No

9.5er

I went to college while working part time. After I got my degree I got a full time job that didn't pay much. Once my wife and I had our first child I became a stay at home Dad during the day. (Best decision ever)
I was part time for over 8 years. Once I got on as a driver I haven't looked back. Enjoy the job most days and especially on Fridays. (Payday)

barnyard

KTM rider
If you want to work harder, not smarter; UPS is the gig for you. If you want to work smart, maybe even find a 4 day a week gig; UPS is not the gig for you.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I went to college while working part time. After I got my degree I got a full time job that didn't pay much. Once my wife and I had our first child I became a stay at home Dad during the day. (Best decision ever)
I was part time for over 8 years. Once I got on as a driver I haven't looked back. Enjoy the job most days and especially on Fridays. (Payday)

I thought payday was Thursday for all of us?

trickpony1

Some PTers are Sunday through Thursday.
Some are Monday through Friday.

EDIT: whatever the case, they are usually paid on their last workday of the week so they will come to work.
This feeder driver gets paid on Thursday.