UPS Wrong Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pack_Man

I just received a package delivery to my house that's about 2 blocks away from me. Not that I'm planning to but I'm just wondering if this was reported, would the driver get in any trouble or can a driver get in trouble for that carelessness?

Dr.Brownz

They will just tell the driver to go pick it up and re-deliver. They will only get in trouble if they have done that over and over and over again. Just go give it to the right person that is a huge pain in the ass for the UPS man to make a special stop, granted he did screw up initially but please help a brother out and just take it to the right person. If you see the driver talk to him and let him know. If it happens again then maybe call in

It may seem like a careless :censored2: up but when you have 400 boxes in your truck and its 100 degrees out and your trying to get home before 8pm things are different

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Why should he?

Call the toll free and we will retrieve and redeliver it.
You're honestly that lazy that you wouldn't drive two blocks to give a customer their package that was delivered to you by mistake?? Would that 5 minutes have really cut into the whole lot of nothing you had planned after work??

If you are planning on keeping it ups has gps on the package and the police will get involved. It's actually a crime called interstate commerce if the package is out of state.

Dr.Brownz

Why should he?

Call the toll free and we will retrieve and redeliver it.

\
I still remember which address called me back once and told me to redeliver a package to the neighbor less than 25 feet from their door. Duplex with the wrong door letter on the package. The lady was like "this isn't me! He lives over there, Do i look like a michael!?" :censored2: you bitch you weren't home when I delivered it

Pooter

OP: be a good citizen and take it over. The driver did a human mistake so why get him in trouble?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
\
I still remember which address called me back once and told me to redeliver a package to the neighbor less than 25 feet from their door. Duplex with the wrong door letter on the package. The lady was like "this isn't me! He lives over there, Do i look like a michael!?" :censored2: you bitch you weren't home when I delivered it
I could see if it was a 95lb irreg...but a 5 lb amazon box...and she can't walk 25 feet?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You're honestly that lazy that you wouldn't drive two blocks to give a customer their package that was delivered to you by mistake?? Would that 5 minutes have really cut into the whole lot of nothing you had planned after work??

Read much? The OP is not a UPS employee and has no obligation beyond calling the toll free to report the misdelivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.