ups

F

feederdryver

cheers.gif

Can you believe the Browns beat the Saints ???
hahahaha

I love my Brownies and my Buckeyes !!!

Whooohoooooooooooo

Fiesta Fiesta Fiesta!!! cha cha cha !

M

macafee

Tie Guy---and Kid stop your hate at each other ,,now your crying about each other ,about time you left UPS out of this mess,,UPS is the best

M

macafee

pkgcartiny.gif
Tie and Kid please grow up bite your tounges, go to work and be good make the company stronger and better it all starts with you guys,,, Ups is there to help you little boys grow up and be men,like me love ups and all its doing for me and my family,so go to work suck it up,bite your tounges,and leave Ups alone

T

tieguy

Is this guy for real? Did he read any of the posts? Did he write his message with a purple crayon?

T

tieguy

Now I'm really pissed at Kid for lumping me in the same group as that idiot.

K

kidlogic

You guys just fortified my post. Tie you showed your colors and should be proud. I cant believe that the host of this site would allow such filth.

D

dammor

"Thanks Dammor I appreciate the point and I agree 100 percent. If Kidlogic had been chained up in the backyard and had his ass beat whenever he pissed on the rug then he probably would not have jumped in out of the blue and attacked me for no reason whatsoever."

I really don't want to participate in this mess, but I feel I must respond. First of all, tieguy, I don't agree with your attitude or kid's for that matter. I think it's nothing but another pissing contest going on between the two of you. It solves nothing. Secondly, I didn't much care for the chained up in the back yard and beat ass phrase. I sent a picture of my dog trying to lighten things up. If seeing that picture brought chained up and ass beating to your mind then I am concerned for any animal or person you come in contact with.

U

upslocal480

I've noticed lots of things about message boards since I've started participating in them. I've noticed that just about everyone whines and insults people at least once (so it's not just me! lol maybe I'm not such a bad guy after all!). I also noticed very quickly a long time ago that all message boards always seem to have two people arguing and insulting each other in many of the threads. I recently realized that the same guy is involved in 90% of the arguments on this board and that this person has had many, many "opponents" in these threads...myself being one of them on several occasions. My own inability to control my temper and ignore them is my own fault and I've recently just refrained from participating in the board much and have enjoyed just reading. That is how I came to realize that this guy, judging by the amount of Browncafe verbal brawls he's been in and currently are in, seems to be incapable of getting along with anyone. He is right though. He was attacked in this case for pretty much no reason. All I can say is....Now you know how it feels. It sucks being on the receiving end doesn't it? Yes, I am talking about Tieguy in this post. This isn't an attempt to jump in and have another useless argument with you Tieguy. Just letting you know that it seems you are always on one end of the arguments and that your opponents have been many people...including me. I'm not perfect but I think my only problem has been my inability to just ignore it and my refusal to back down. I don't know why you always seem to be firing off at people on here. Did you ever take debate in college or high school? Like I said....I'm not trying, nor wish to get into another one of those insult contests with you. Just pointing out what I've noticed. But if you do feel compelled to respond with hostility...please leave my dog out of it. LOL. Just messin with ya.

T

tieguy

Then your point would be that I should stay silent and value Kid's comments when he blatantly goes out of his way to make something up about me?

T

tieguy

By the way Kid one post does not absolve you from being what you are.

C

cheryl

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion board about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

C

cheryl

The Twelve Commandments of Flaming

1. Make things up about your opponent: It's important to make your lies sound true. Preface your argument with the word "clearly."
"Clearly, Brian Hillis is a racist, and a dirtball to boot."

2. Be an armchair psychologist: You're a smart person. You've heard of Freud. You took a psychology course in college. Clearly, you're qualified to psychoanalyze your opponent. "Peach Pshawski, by using the word 'zucchini' in her posting, shows she has a bad case of ... "

3. Cross-post your flames: Everyone on the net is just waiting for the next literary masterpiece to leave your terminal. From OPINION to EZ-READER to PETS to CHIT-CHAT, they're all holding their breaths until your next flame. Therefore, post everywhere.

4. Conspiracies abound: If everyone's against you, the reason can't possibly be that you're a jerk. There's obviously a conspiracy against you, and you will be doing the entire net a favor by exposing it.

5. Lawsuit threats: This is the reverse of Commandment #4 (sort of like the Yin & Yang of flaming). Threatening a lawsuit is always considered to be in good form. "By saying that I've posted to the wrong group, Didley has libelled me, slandered me, and sodomized me. See you in court, Didley."

6. Force them to document their claims: Even if Ralph Gagliano states outright that he likes tomato sauce on his pasta, you should demand documentation. If Newsweek hasn't written an article on Ralph's pasta preferences, then Ralph's obviously lying.

7. Use foreign phrases: French is good, but Latin is the lingua franca of flaming. You should use the words "ad hominem" at least three times per article. Other favorite Latin phrases are "ad nauseum," "vini, vidi, vici," "fetuccini alfredo,"...

8. Tell 'em how smart you are: Why use intelligent arguments to convince them you're smart when all you have to do is tell them? State that you're a member of Mensa or Mega or Dorks of America. Tell them the scores you received on every exam since high school. "I got an 800 on my SATs, LSATs, GREs, MCATs, and I can also spell the word 'premeiotic.'"

9. Accuse your opponent of censorship. It is your inalienable right to post whatever the hell you want to the net. Anyone who tries to limit your cross-posting or move a flame war to alt.fan.karl-malden.nose is either a communist, a fascist, or both.

10. Doubt their existence: You've never actually seen your opponent, have you? And since you're the center of the universe, you should have seen them by now, shouldn't you? Therefore, they do not exist! This is the beauty of flamers' logic.

11. Lie, cheat, steal, leave the toilet seat up.

12. When in doubt, insult: If you forget the other 11 rules, remember this one. At some point during your wonderful career as a flamer, you will undoubtedly end up in a flame war with someone who is better than you. This person will expose your lies, tear apart your arguments, make you look generally like a bozo. At this point, there's only one thing to do: insult the dirtbag!!! "Oh yeah? Well, your mother does strange things with ... "

D

deliver_man

Then your point would be that I should stay silent and value Kid's comments when he blatantly goes out of his way to make something up about me?

Actually, in this instance, you give more value to Kid's post by replying than by staying silent. I think everyone who reads this board could see that Kid's post was an unprovoked, personal attack. Notice how noone else chimed in? That's because noone else agreed with him. And you if you had chosen not to respond either, his post would have been effectivley ignored. His goal was to provoke you, and he got what he wanted. Of course, this is just my interpretation/opinon, so take it with a grain of salt.

U

upslocal480

I think there might be a few people that agree with him...but not many, if any. I'm not one of them. Yes no one seemed to chime in on either side but some people just find better ways to disagree like maybe not responding at all or responding without the hostility and insults. That is what I'm trying to do for now on. I do agree that Tieguy was the one attacked this time. I was simply pointing out to him that he seems to be on the giving end of this situation allot and was wondering how it felt to be on the receiving end for once. It really sucks no matter who is doing it. It's like I said before...if people could just be more civil about what they say than this wouldn't happen as much. If WE ALL could learn to not be so rude with our responses and without including personal insults than these arguments might not get so heated. I guess this is where the phrase, "It's Not What You Say But How You Say It," comes in to play. What if everyone in the world got this hot in person when they had discussions? There wouldn't be a person left on this planet without a black eye...LOL

K

kidlogic

As UPSlocal480 has observed that you are on the end of many arguments which I have read. Taking that Local480 has made this observation, so have many other people as myself. Taking that in consideration my comments where not a blind attack, but the sum of previous post that you have made. This seemed very self evident to me. People are judged by the results of their actions. I did not simply pull your name out of the air.
My post was mainly aimed at Macafee's comment but I find that You and Mac share an anti-union flavor in your posts.
Delivery man one could also make the argument that no one chimed in because I was right. I drew my conclusion from comments made from fellow employees.(not myself). Many of them stated that they were voting no on the contract. Why I ask them giving the large raise? One spoke up and said " I dont care if they are going to give a million dollars. I want them to pay for how they have treated me this year". It alarmed me that my fellow employees who are helping decide my finacial welfare would want to risk everything just to get even. I thought by making such a post that some managment people might think twice on how they treat their people on a day to day basis. The result of not doing so could be more severe then one might think.
Thanks Cheryl for making sure things remain on a civilized level.

T

tieguy

"I think everyone who reads this board could see that Kid's post was an unprovoked, personal attack."

Couldn't have said it better myself. I offered an opinion about not standing on the sideline. He rebutted by making it personal.

T

tieguy

I agree with you overall point deliver, the kid should be ignored.