UPSdate flyer

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Ron Carey lives on, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Ron Carey lives on

Ron Carey lives on Well-Known Member

Well my fearless leader Jimmy Hoffa tells me this "an excellent contract". " 36 month progression for new drivers". "4 years seniority drivers will be eligible for 9.5 rights. To avoid the company from making such adjustments to Union upsers, like they did management, they decided to move ups teamsters into new plans. Why a month after the implication of the contract, are they are still trying to sell this lemon. Is it because opposition is mounting? Worried about 2016? Hoffas own people jumping ship?

Sent using BrownCafe App

2. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

They are not selling anything. They are trying to explain it to people, some of which probably didn't know there was a new contract, what was in it.

You can do one of two things:
    either whine, pout, complain how bad you got it, woe is me for the next 4 years
    or make the best of it and use what is in it for the betterment of the whole.
    The choice is yours.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. WESLA

WESLA It is what it is

Right on upschuck. Love it or hate it, it's still the new language.

4. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

If you don't like the working conditions then why don't you just leave? Please do not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

48 month progression. If you can't even get the negatives right why would anyone pay attention to what you have to say?

6. Ron Carey lives on

Oh im doing something about it, don't worry about that. The most important thing to do is enforce the contract. Evidently you guys haven't been to a state panel or J.A.C grievance hearing lately. It is stacked with hoffa cronies who just got through eating breakfast with the company side, and have already decided the horse trading they are going to do. Im talking ironclad sup working grievance, researched, investigated, and documented. Not just sups working grievances, extra work, part time seniority, pay rates, harassment. You side line quarterbacks go get you some of those panels, be well spoken dress nice, adress the panel respectively, and watch how much Ups controls those panels. What im going to do about it, is campaign for anyone else but hoffa and hall every time I get a chance. You can sure tell a corporate lawyer negotiated for our side on this glorious contract, thank God its his last one

Sent using BrownCafe App

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Ron Carey lives on

Point being enforce, learn, try to get a reasonable settlement locally. The panels are a joke. Name some officials that aren't hoffa cronies sitting in that co chair seats in the central region. The last one I knew of got demoted and kicked out of the J.A.C

Sent using BrownCafe App

8. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Option 3.
    Get ready and educate yourself and all those around you for the next contract so that maybe 5 years will be enough to get folks to stick together nationally.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  9. upschuck

Each grievance should be determined on their own merits. No trading off.

10. That would be nice but, you know they always play "Lets Make a Deal"

11. upschuck

I know, but still not right.

12. Ron Carey lives on

Heres a crazy idea (termination hearings held separate) bread and butter issues separate. So Big Mo representing the union can't say "Mr. Company co chair sir, I will give you 6 sups working grievance s under " act of "God", if give Billy Bob his job back with no back pay, for that "other serious offense" passing gas in the same center as a supervisor, please sir. I know we still owe you for bailing our pensions out, but I got to show them something

Sent using BrownCafe App

13. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Really.... who is that ??

They are separate issues.

Sounds like you lost a grievance.... you thought.... you should have won.

Welcome to the club.

Grievances and termination cases, are not "traded".

-Bug-

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I am the least union person here but even I know grievances are traded all the time.

15. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

-Bug-

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

this warning letter for late air...for these three sup working grievances (alleged)...

= traded

17. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

sorry did I say "traded" ... I meant negotiated.

18. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

C'mon, cach, you damned well know that "reasonable thought" won't fly around here.

19. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I figured if they had their stuff together then the day after the next shiz contract is ratified they'd have a coherent, logical bitch to post.

20. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Never happen.

Bitchers gonna bitch.