Upselling Surepost...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I just got an email from UPS MyChoice (I only registered a year ago for shipment notifications.

We've received a package(s) for delivery to you shipped using a UPS service that is not eligible for UPS My Choice features because final delivery is being provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
For immediate access to your UPS My Choice features, select the Upgrade Now button to request delivery by UPS ($3.50 fee applies).
Upgraded packages will typically be delivered one day earlier.

Sooo, we're proactively trying to upsell people. lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Suprised they arent charging more!

These packages were sent with a very low to no shipping charge for the consumer. $3.50/pkg may be the price point where consignees may consider upgrading----anything above that and the consignee will simply wait another day (or two or three....) for delivery by the Post Office.

I would be curious if you would still be charged if you chose the upgrade option and your package was going to be diverted back to UPS anyway.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
These packages were sent with a very low to no shipping charge for the consumer. $3.50/pkg may be the price point where consignees may consider upgrading----anything above that and the consignee will simply wait another day (or two or three....) for delivery by the Post Office.

I would be curious if you would still be charged if you chose the upgrade option and your package was going to be diverted back to UPS anyway.
UPS is nickel and diming customers? No way, they would never do that...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS is nickel and diming customers? No way, they would never do that...

How so? Customers are being given the choice to upgrade their shipments. Should the upgrade in service level be complimentary (free)? If the customers don't want to pay the $3.50 (I wouldn't) they will simply decline the offer and wait for the Post Office to deliver their pkg(s). Where this may come in to play is when we get closer to Christmas.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was referring to your comment about being charged for the upgrade even if the package was going to be diverted back to ups anyway...
And complimentary is a big word...thanks for clarifying....lol :P

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
So the postal carrier can place the package on the porch but for $3.50 more I can place the package on the porch. Sweet.

upschuck

Until they upgrade a little too late and package already containerized, and gets delivered to post office, then they will be asking you for their $3.50 back. :oops:

By The Book

I wonder if people in rural areas can use this $3.50 my choice upgrade option. If so I'm going to go give them all a pad of my choice notices. These stops take more time to deliver, and I might be able to get rid of my morning business stops. Another bonus is these pkgs are not heavy.

By The Book

I remember when we used to scan all sure post pkgs. separately. I think you should have to do this now and prerecord all different stops., kind of like delivering multiple apartments to the office of the complex.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I wonder how their "upgrade" compares cost wise to what it would have cost to just go UPS ground in the first place.
The sales people are the ones really getting the shaft on this deal. Their "commission" is now based on a low revenue product and they don't get a commission on the MyChoice upgrades. Winner for BlackRock, loser for your coworkers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We complain about the people who are receiving the package not having any say in how their packages are delivered.

Well now they have a choice.