UPSer needs our help

UPSer Jeff Hodgkins from Hamilton Ontario Canada needs the UPS family support. He has a very sick 5 month old with a rare kidney disease. He is currently on unpaid leave to take care of his family. Off course bills are adding up during this difficult time. Any financial support would be appreciated. Here is a link to an online fundraiser.Thanks in advance !!

UPS4Life

The gofund me link doesn't come up. I am on the Mobil app so maybe that's my problem?

I've seen things like this in the past at work and my question is do people contact United way? Isn't this what we "donate" for or is that just to make our supervisors look good and put billboards up?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why is he not working? I say that because I see a mom in the picture.

Canada also has free medical care?

barnyard

KTM rider
Canada also has a family leave act that allows parents 1 year of leave at 60% pay. It can be used or split up by the mom or dad however they see fit. As described it, is a horrible situation, but they should still be receiving some pay and benefits through work.

He is not working because as you can imagine , it would be very difficult to keep your mind on your work when your baby is going through hell. Like I posted earlier , he could use any help possible, he has applied for benefits but living on 60% of your income and paying for parking ($25 a day } and other expenses when your at the hospital everyday is pricey. ANY help will help...come on UPSers!!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Might seem harsh, but if chooses not to work, he doesn't need anyone's money.

As cold as that seems, I have to agree. The Gofundme page says that BOTH the mom and dad are currently not working. It seems a bit selfish to CHOOSE not to work, and then ask people for money

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
He is not working because as you can imagine , it would be very difficult to keep your mind on your work when your baby is going through hell. Like I posted earlier , he could use any help possible, he has applied for benefits but living on 60% of your income and paying for parking ($25 a day } and other expenses when your at the hospital everyday is pricey. ANY help will help...come on UPSers!!
That's what your local brothers are for...have them take up a collection. The internet shouldn't be used for panhandling...sorry. It's a sad situation...but lots of upsers have financial troubles or a family crisis or illness...I don't see them on here with their hands out asking for our hard earned money. You "come on"!

clean hairy

First, my heart goes out to them to have such a young Child with medical problems.
Makes me appreciate and feel fortunate that my own has grown into an adult with no medical issues.
You still got to provide for your Family, I believe all of us have faced circumstances of ill Children or Parents in declining health.
Hard to do, but still have to work and trust all will come out for the best.