UPSers and Faith

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have a great amount of faith in a higher power, and I consider myself to be a very spiritual person. I dont think that this universe, this planet, and all of the people who have ever lived on it happened by accident. I also happen to believe that all of the major faiths of the world (Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Bhuddism) have their roots in a common truth that transcends the rituals and dogma of each particular religion.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Somebody can't take the hint that faith is very personal and putting it on the internet is like titling a thread "How long is your pecker?" Too personal!!
moreluck,

I disagree.

Faith is to be public.

Lived out in witness to others as a testimony of whom you believe.

Everyone lives how they believe every day anyway.

Sincerely,
I

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Somebody can't take the hint that faith is very personal and putting it on the internet is like titling a thread "How long is your pecker?" Too personal!!

So, do you mean to say that we should soon be seeing the "How big is your pecker thread" coming from Integrity?

I

I would we much more likely to participate in that thread than this one.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
To All,

In what appears to be a faithless culture,

How do you live and keep your faith as you work for UPS?

Sincerely,
I
your a needy one aren't you. Why the constant need to force your silly views on everyone? Cant the mods do something about this ******? Every post he makes is the same garbage

Last edited by a moderator:

over9five

Staff member
your a needy one aren't you. Why the constant need to force your silly views on everyone? Cant the mods do something about this ******? Every post he makes is the same garbage
I've never seen Integrity break our Terms of Service. We have an "ignore" feature that you may want to use.

air_dr

Originally Posted by moreluck

moreluck,

I disagree.

Faith is to be public.

Sincerely,
I

I am quite busy at the moment and would like to give a much longer reply to this whole thread, but on the two statements above, I believe you are both right in some sense, and moreluck, your analogy I believe will help me make my point.

Our faith has both a private side as well as a public side, just like marriage. Sexual intimacy is obviously part of any healthy marriage yet a thread on BC "How long is your pecker?" is indeed too personal, just like moreluck suggests, but when Tom Jones and Jane Smith marry and they become Mr. and Mrs. Tom Jones, that is a side to marriage that is very public.

Many churches have steeples with a cross on top to be seen by the whole community and bells that play hymns, is that offensive to some of you who have come down on Integrity?

I try to never "corner" people on a religious issue but many people are interested in discussing the big life questions of meaning morality origin and ultimate destiny and I see nothing wrong having such conversations with people aho willingly partake. If this thread makes someone uncomfortable or is not of interest, there are thousands of other threads for that person to read.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

As Ovah said, there is Ignore and ignore.

Regardless, this thread has nothing to do with UPS Discussions and will move it to "Life after Brown".

brownboxman

I would like to respond to this thread by saying faith, religion, belief in God is a very important prt of my life. At work it helps me deal with the demands of the job by giving me something to fall back on. When someone is beligerant at a delivery I can better deal with them because of the tennants of my faith I have learned over the years. I certainly dont want to push my faith or religion on anyone, but I also dont appreciate some of the remarks on here that would insinuate I am a fool for following a religion. Enjoy life, dont hurt others by your words and actions, help others when you can, and give hope to the hopeless. No religion needed for those things I guess, but those are the things my faith helps me to do.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I would like to respond to this thread by saying faith, religion, belief in God is a very important prt of my life. At work it helps me deal with the demands of the job by giving me something to fall back on. When someone is beligerant at a delivery I can better deal with them because of the tennants of my faith I have learned over the years. I certainly don't want to push my faith or religion on anyone, but I also don't appreciate some of the remarks on here that would insinuate I am a fool for following a religion. Enjoy life, don't hurt others by your words and actions, help others when you can, and give hope to the hopeless.
No religion needed for those things I guess, but those are the things my faith helps me to do.

Good post.

It brings to mind the old saying that "No one is as ignorant as he who is most certain."

I saw something on TV last night (20/20 I think) that there is a Spirituality gene that some people have and some do not.
And to Sober's point, there was no correlation to having that gene and believing in a structured religion (Christianity, Judaism, Islam or for that matter a non-God based religion such as Buddhism).

over9five

Staff member
Moreluck once posted a link to a page that would tell you what religion you are most in tune with based on your answers to a bunch of questions. Might be cool to try that again.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Having faith in yourself and strong self-discipline is what is important. outside influence in personal behavior is designed purely to control people for someone elses benefit. "when everyone is thinking the same thing, no one is thinking"

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
To All,

In what appears to be a faithless culture,

How do you live and keep your faith as you work for UPS?

Sincerely,
I

I

It does appear we live in a faithless culture.
I disagree.

I fear the appearance of faithless is magnified by instant media and human nature to rubberneck.
I make my living off the Evening News
Just give me something-something I can use
People love it when you lose,
They love dirty laundry...Don Henley

Why attack the word "faith" on this thread?

Why attack Integrity?

We have choices.
Don't read a thread started by Integrity.
Don't respond.

How I keep my faith at UPS?

Simple.
The Golden Rule.

I go to sleep each night with faith the sun will rise in the morning.

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.

beentheredonethat

moreluck,

I disagree.

Faith is to be public.

Sincerely,
I

Moreluck, Bad news. You are doing your faith wrong per I.
Just so we are clear.. Here's the definition of faith (taken from dictionary.com)

[h=2]faith[/h]   [feyth] Show IPA
noun1.confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another'sability.

2.belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that thehypothesis would be substantiated by fact.

3.belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: thefirm faith of the Pilgrims.

4.belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit,etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.

5.a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewishfaith.

Maybe we should get in touch with the folks of dictionary.com and tell them they have the wrong definition or at least an incomplete definition.

People have choice to have faith or not. If they do they have the choice to shout it from the rooftops or keep it personal.

Personally, Yes I believe. I'm a Christian.