UPSers and Faith

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was a photo op and Leonardo had them pose for the pic. PS is that John or Mary Magdaline on His right ? Hmmmm

Have you ever noticed the groupings of 3 within the picture?

Back to the thread---I am a Catholic by definition (and according to the IRS:wink2:) but the last time I was in a church was when I walked my daughter down the aisle. I am not a spiritual person but I do believe that you should treat others the way that you would like them to treat you. I also believe in Karma.

What I don't like is for someone to force their religious beliefs on me.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
What I don't like is for someone to force their religious beliefs on me.​

How about the Saturday morning visits from the people with the Watch Tower magazine

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Somebody can't take the hint that faith is very personal and putting it on the internet is like titling a thread "How long is your pecker?" Too personal!!
7-8 inches on a good day leans a little to the right I know not huge but big enough!!!!

Integrity

Binge Poster
As Ovah said, there is Ignore and ignore.

Regardless, this thread has nothing to do with UPS Discussions and will move it to "Life after Brown".
Hoaxster,

Thanks for particpating.

I mean you no disrespect but my discussion thread was intended to discuss how UPSers use their faith during their workday at UPS.

I believe how UPSers use their faith while working for UPS meets the criteria for the UPS Discussions forum.

It is a shame that most responses don't however stay UPS related. But I cannot control this, I am sorry. I wish I could.

I wish you would reconsider it's relocation but I will submit and respect your position and authority to move this at your descretion.

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

I have a great amount of faith in a higher power, and I consider myself to be a very spiritual person. I dont think that this universe, this planet, and all of the people who have ever lived on it happened by accident. I also happen to believe that all of the major faiths of the world (Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Bhuddism) have their roots in a common truth that transcends the rituals and dogma of each particular religion.
a common truth that people fear death... Damn U I for baiting me into this thread.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I would like to respond to this thread by saying faith, religion, belief in God is a very important prt of my life. At work it helps me deal with the demands of the job by giving me something to fall back on. When someone is beligerant at a delivery I can better deal with them because of the tennants of my faith I have learned over the years. I certainly dont want to push my faith or religion on anyone, but I also dont appreciate some of the remarks on here that would insinuate I am a fool for following a religion. Enjoy life, dont hurt others by your words and actions, help others when you can, and give hope to the hopeless. No religion needed for those things I guess, but those are the things my faith helps me to do.
brownboxman,

Thanks for your participation.

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

I would like to respond to this thread by saying faith, religion, belief in God is a very important prt of my life. At work it helps me deal with the demands of the job by giving me something to fall back on. When someone is beligerant at a delivery I can better deal with them because of the tennants of my faith I have learned over the years. I certainly dont want to push my faith or religion on anyone, but I also dont appreciate some of the remarks on here that would insinuate I am a fool for following a religion. Enjoy life, dont hurt others by your words and actions, help others when you can, and give hope to the hopeless. No religion needed for those things I guess, but those are the things my faith helps me to do.
I totally respect u just don't preach to me an ill respect u. I wish I could believe would make everything so much simpler.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I

It does appear we live in a faithless culture.
I disagree.

I fear the appearance of faithless is magnified by instant media and human nature to rubberneck.

Why attack the word "faith" on this thread?

Why attack Integrity?

We have choices.
Don't read a thread started by Integrity.
Don't respond.

How I keep my faith at UPS?

Simple.
The Golden Rule.

I go to sleep each night with faith the sun will rise in the morning.
ajblakejr,

Thanks for participating.

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

And me being a realist and not believing i totally respect your opinion but remember IT'S YOUR OPINION. I have issues when people try to force their religious crap down my throat. I don't believe and i won't believe so leave me alone (I am not talking to you personally but speaking about religious nuts [not you] in general).
No one is forcing religious crap down your throat. What do you expect when you enter a thread that specifically asks about faith? You are going to hear religious crap. It may irritate you to hear people talking about their faith but I hardly think it is being forced on you

I forces it down peoples throat I mean really who asks 4 straight people "do u believe in god"

Integrity

Binge Poster
I forces it down peoples throat I mean really who asks 4 straight people "do u believe in god"
Brownslave688,

How is asking a question forcing anything down anyone's throat?

I don't understand.

I was just responding to the replies that were made in this discussion thread, as I am now doing to your reply.

All people can believe what they choose.

That doesn't change truth.

Sincerely,
I

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
soberups,

A few followup questions to your post:

If this is getting too personal, then please private message me the answers if you will.

Can you describe your higher power?

My Higher Power is a Supreme Being that, for the sake of convenience, can be called God. He/She/It/ created the universe and all life in it. He/She/It created intelligent life because He/She/It wanted to be loved. True Love can only be a act of free will, which is why we as humans have free will, the unfortunate side effect of which is that we have the freedom to make bad choices as well as good ones.

The essence of what is God is far beyond the capabilities of the human mind to define, explain or conceptualize.

Does your higher power have a name?

I speak English, so I use the term God as a convenience. Other cultures have different names. Their God is no more or less authentic than mine despite differences in language, rituals or dogma.

If not by accident then how do you think it all happened and happens?

Scientists are only beginning to scratch the surface of the deepest mysteries of particle physics, the Big Bang theory, etc. The nuts and bolts of how It all came to be is far beyond the scope of my mind to comprehend.

What is this common truth that you speak of?

That the universe is not an accident. There is a Higher Being is behind it all. This Higher Being cares little for issues of dogma, or politics, or human interpretations of sacred texts. The greatest gift that we as humans have been given is the gift of intelligence and critical thinking. It is morally wrong to close our minds to new thoughts or ideas.

Sincerely,
I

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Why didn't anyone sit on the other side of the
table at the last supper ???

People of that time didn't sit in chairs around a table. They sat on the floor in a reclining position and ate with one hand. So the seating arrangement was very important.

whiskers

The Lord Jesus Christ is MY lord and savior.

If you pray to a tree, or to nothing at all that is fine by me. That's your choice and I respect that.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What I don't like is for someone to force their religious beliefs on me.​

How about the Saturday morning visits from the people with the Watch Tower magazine

That is why I have a "no solicitation" sign on my door.

While I strongly disagree with some of the dogma of the Jehovahs Witnesses (and the Mormons, and evangelical Christians) I do admire their devotion. There are far worse things people could do with their time than going door to door to share their faith.