UPSers and Faith

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Integrity,
I believe that faith and religion go hand in hand, so I believe they are the same.

I stand by by my original post for questions regarding religion, but will tell you that I am a catholic

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity,
I believe that faith and religion go hand in hand, so I believe they are the same.

I stand by by my original post for questions regarding religion, but will tell you that I am a catholic
Scottyhawk,

Catholicism is a wonderful christian denomination.

Sincerely,
I

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Integrity,

Many of us had faith in UPS and many had faith in the Teamsters and most had faith in the US Government regulating the Finance sector.

Even the atheists. Just saying.

upsgrunt

I am a sinner, saved by God's grace alone.
I pray daily that I may try to choke out my sinful flesh and replace it with God's spirit so that the many people I see on a daily basis can see a sermon rather than hear one.
Everything I have is from God, and all glory is rightfully his.
I never try to force my beliefs to anyone, but if they ask, I am more than willing to tell; it is what He wants.

DS

Fenderbender
People of that time didn't sit in chairs around a table. They sat on the floor in a reclining position and ate with one hand. So the seating arrangement was very important.
They set it up so they could watch the strippers ? :)

DS

Fenderbender
Does your higher power have a name?

I
He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know.

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.
Read more atLao Tzu Quotes - Page 3 - BrainyQuote

My words...there is only one truth,it has nothing to do with God , use it wisely .

wkmac

I'm not even sure I could afford being a Christian.

Matthew 7:7 sez: Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

You too can have it all, can have the good life. No worries, no troubles, no grief.

Say, if Jesus words are true, why are there poor christians, sick christians, dying christians, especially young dying christians? With 1/3 of the planet of the christian faith, why does the world suck so bad?

bbsam

Staff member
Matthew 7:7 sez: Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

You too can have it all, can have the good life. No worries, no troubles, no grief.

Say, if Jesus words are true, why are there poor christians, sick christians, dying christians, especially young dying christians? With 1/3 of the planet of the christian faith, why does the world suck so bad?
How is it that you are obviously very intelligent and yet ask questions of faith that woul readily come from a 12 year old confirmation student?

upsgrunt

Because we absolutely deserve it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
How is it that you are obviously very intelligent and yet ask questions of faith that woul readily come from a 12 year old confirmation student?

It brings to mind the old saying that "No one is as ignorant as he who is most certain."

I saw something on TV last night (20/20 I think) that there is a Spirituality gene that some people have and some do not.
And to Sober's point, there was no correlation to having that gene and believing in a structured religion (Christianity, Judaism, Islam or for that matter a non-God based religion such as Buddhism).

The only thing worse than a religious nut is an atheist nut ... they both know they are right and can't believe what a fool you are.

I prophesied this many posts ago.
Woe to those with poor spirituality or even worse, missing the Spirituality Gene. :choir::choir:

DS

Fenderbender

Because of the truth.

Nature can seem brutal,to blame Christianity is just plain silly.
Since man first walked on earth he has encountered problems.
Solving them has proved to be an unending task because conditions change constantly.
I believe in the only truth that ever was,it's often clouded and hard to see,but it's always there.
I think you posted this tongue in cheek wkmac,because this is the standard response when life gets hard to take.
Too many people have preconceived ideas about themselves and God,the truth is, there is only one truth.
Everyone has the ability to see it,but have set ideas about what it means.

bbsam

Staff member
I prophesied this many posts ago.
Woe to those with poor spirituality or even worse, missing the Spirituality Gene. :choir::choir:

I'm not sure I follow you. I believe Christianity holds up to questioning. I'm just surprized that Wk questions at such a superficial level. I would expect more depth.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Because of the truth.

Nature can seem brutal,to blame Christianity is just plain silly.
Since man first walked on earth he has encountered problems.
Solving them has proved to be an unending task because conditions change constantly.
I believe in the only truth that ever was,it's often clouded and hard to see,but it's always there.
I think you posted this tongue in cheek wkmac,because this is the standard response when life gets hard to take.
Too many people have preconceived ideas about themselves and God,the truth is, there is only one truth.
Everyone has the ability to see it,but have set ideas about what it means.

Go Canada -:canadfireworks::canadaday:

OK,nothing to say really, just wanted to show you the new Canada smileys.