UPSers are DOOMED

d-rek357

Are you under the impression that his wait time is unique? With a few rare exceptions, we've all had to put in a lot of part time years to get a full time opportunity. His complaint was about the amount of money he makes as a part timer and how was he supposed to support a family on that. My response was that it never ceases to amaze me the number of part timers that expect to support a family on what they make at UPS. Why isn't he complaining about the amount of money he makes at his full time job?

Whos side are you on? My complaint in the original post was that we as a company are moving backwards and that the contract sucked. I realize that everyone that is full time had a long wait to get there, but I guess now that you are full time part timers are not that important anymore and that we are all stupid to assume we can make money to feed families. What was I thinking? I guess I wasnt but im only part time and we all stoopid!! We also think that no one else has every had it as bad as us....we all stoopid!!

d-rek357

Are you under the impression that his wait time is unique? With a few rare exceptions, we've all had to put in a lot of part time years to get a full time opportunity. His complaint was about the amount of money he makes as a part timer and how was he supposed to support a family on that. My response was that it never ceases to amaze me the number of part timers that expect to support a family on what they make at UPS. Why isn't he complaining about the amount of money he makes at his full time job?

I m not complaining about my other job because this is BROWNCAFE. I was under the assumtion that we were talking about UPS, guyinbrown. Did you want to know what was for dinner tonight too?

local804

Don't forget Ronnie C. when you talk about the Mob.

hmmmmm lets see here and pick the better of two evils

Pick one
A. Teamster president charged but not convicted of "guilty by association".
1. Waged a stike against corp greed
2.worked for brown, knows thier tricks and games
b. Company gone public who
1. Paid 5.8 million dollars in a class action lawsuit against people with disabilities
2. robbed the US government 1.5 billion dollars and is forced to pay it back (irs)
3. stole 87 million dollars from drivers lunch periods and was forced by a judge to repay

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. I suggest this money should have been used towards the United Way, agree?

My complaint in the original post was that we as a company are moving backwards

I disagree. In order to move backwards you'd have had to lose something you already had. Will you be making more per hour than you are now? Yes you will. Your example of how much you lost with the split raise doesn't hold water because you never had that money to begin with. If you want to argue that it isn't the best or strongest contract ever, I have no problem agreeing to that, but I think it's a long way from moving backwards. The majority of employees that bothered to vote seem to have agreed with that.

I realize that everyone that is full time had a long wait to get there, but I guess now that you are full time part timers are not that important anymore

I never said anything even remotely close to that.

What was I thinking? I guess I wasnt but im only part time and we('re) all stoopid!! We also think that no one else has every had it as bad as us....we('re) all stoopid!!

Those are your words, not mine. ( But you might want to spell check when you're making a point on how stupid you aren't.) You and Blue are blowing this a little out of proportion here. You made a comment about supporting a family as a part timer and I simply commented that it amazes me that people think they can support a family as a part time UPSer. I've seen comments like that before on this board and I've heard them with my own ears. I never called anyone stupid, just commented that it amazes me... because it does. If they can do it in today's world, that's fantastic. More power to them. It still amazes me.

KTB

In order to move backwards you'd have had to lose something you already had.

He specifically said "we as a company" are moving backwards. The fact is under this contract someone with say 4 years seniority will be making less than I, you, or d-rek there was in the same amount of time. That is backwards movement. New hires have to wait 1 year for medical... again backwards movement. I'll (I hope at least) go full time during this contract. It will take me longer to reach top pay than it did for you. Backwards movement. See how that works?

Leftinbuilding

I

Those are your words, not mine. ( But you might want to spell check when you're making a point on how stupid you aren't.) You and Blue are blowing this a little out of proportion here. You made a comment about supporting a family as a part timer and I simply commented that it amazes me that people think they can support a family as a part time UPSer. I've seen comments like that before on this board and I've heard them with my own ears. I never called anyone stupid, just commented that it amazes me... because it does. If they can do it in today's world, that's fantastic. More power to them. It still amazes me.

That, my friend, is funny! Excellent point. :happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
hmmmmm lets see here and pick the better of two evils

Pick one
A. Teamster president charged but not convicted of "guilty by association".

ahhh booted from the union and supported on appeals that he should have known which is intereting langauge. Basically it states he either knew about it or he was a complete maroon.

1. Waged a stike against corp greed

waged a strike to protect the teamsters pensions from being fixed. So ten years later we again attempt to fix the pensions.

2.worked for brown, knows thier tricks and games

and then learned lots of new games when he went and worked for the mob controlled teamsters union.

b. Company gone public who
1. Paid 5.8 million dollars in a class action lawsuit against people with disabilities

teamsters have no lawsuits? Hell carey laundered more then that in his illegal money scam with the democrats.

2. robbed the US government 1.5 billion dollars and is forced to pay it back (irs)

Are you referring to OPL? UPS won that case my friend.

3. stole 87 million dollars from drivers lunch periods and was forced by a judge to repay

lol you have lost it now all to defend a guy who was guilty of an illegal money laundering scheme. Unless you want me to believe ronnie was a total idiot? You can't seem to let go of the fact the guy was a crook. That guy was responsible for your current pension problems. He laid the groundwork.

tieguy

Banned
It seems you only respond when rushing to the defense of Carey.

You never did respond to my posts where I highlighted why I thought article 26 was a good deal and you did not respond to my post asking you why 804 and 177 would raise their disbursment amounts right in the middle of the 2002 financial crisis.

local804

It seems you only respond when rushing to the defense of Carey.

You never did respond to my posts where I highlighted why I thought article 26 was a good deal and you did not respond to my post asking you why 804 and 177 would raise their disbursment amounts right in the middle of the 2002 financial crisis.

There is only a select few who are in favor of article 26 besides you, and those are the 9 representitives UPS sent from our district to negotiate the contract on our local level. In 2002, if there was such a finiancial crisis, why didnt the UPS trustees act either? Oh thats right, its only the union side to blame on a ups-teamster board. What raises to our pension fund constitute for a 30% reduction???I also notice you place blame on our 25 and out pension being implemented. I hardly find that a valid answer due to the fact that it has been in place for ages and as long as I have been with the company. I am sorry not to answer to this post in a timely manner. I must have over looked it due to the thousand other new posts on this site.

d-rek357

I disagree. In order to move backwards you'd have had to lose something you already had. Will you be making more per hour than you are now? Yes you will. Your example of how much you lost with the split raise doesn't hold water because you never had that money to begin with. If you want to argue that it isn't the best or strongest contract ever, I have no problem agreeing to that, but I think it's a long way from moving backwards. The majority of employees that bothered to vote seem to have agreed with that.

I never said anything even remotely close to that.

I'm sorry my sarcasim wasn't clear enough for you, if you read my whole post you would have seen that I am able to spell the word "stoopid" correctly S-T-U-P-I-D.... SEE. My biggest issue with you is that my original post was to someone that didnt see the split raises as "that big of a deal" and I explained why I thought it was. Then you brought to the table how much smarter you were by never expecting anything out of your part time job than extra money and a stepping stone to a full time job. Which there's not much wrong with that statement, but the way you stated it, people who think that we can expect a full time job, and have a family as a part timer, are some how below you, one that never had a complaint or gripe the intire time you were part time.
You also said you were part time for 8 years, then you really don't know where I'm coming from. Like I've stated before I've been part time for 9 years, 1 year longer than you were, with at least 3 more part time years to look forward too. I wasn't on this site a year ago, at 8 years, complaining. So how can you say you wouldn't have been complaining after 9 years. You can't, becase you didn't work part time that long. So I can and will continue to compain that I'm not full time yet, as common as it is, untill one day I do go full time. But once I do I will probably still feel for part timers, expecally those that are part time longer than it took me.

d-rek357

He specifically said "we as a company" are moving backwards. The fact is under this contract someone with say 4 years seniority will be making less than I, you, or d-rek there was in the same amount of time. That is backwards movement. New hires have to wait 1 year for medical... again backwards movement. I'll (I hope at least) go full time during this contract. It will take me longer to reach top pay than it did for you. Backwards movement. See how that works?

nice post ktb, but we part timers are not to question "the voice of reason" guyinbrown

tieguy

Banned
There is only a select few who are in favor of article 26 besides you, and those are the 9 representitives UPS sent from our district to negotiate the contract on our local level. In 2002, if there was such a finiancial crisis, why didnt the UPS trustees act either? Oh thats right, its only the union side to blame on a ups-teamster board.

Nope any blame I laid has always been at the feet of the trustees as a group. You've blamed the company trusees for a few things in the past I really don't see how you can seperate them.

What raises to our pension fund constitute for a 30% reduction???

Raise the payout on a fund that is already underfunded at a time when the stock market and economy are taking a beating and these things can happen. Thats the point I was making.

I also notice you place blame on our 25 and out pension being implemented.

not true. In researching the pension issues I found out that your local was the first to offer 25 and out. I noted it without laying any blame. You really seem to read too much into my posts which is typical here. I don't believe that has anything to do with your crisis. I do believe your trustees picked a poor time to raise the payout. 2002 was the at the height of the various financial crisis. I'm shocked that the trustee's raised the payout at that time having just undergone 9/11 the year before when the stock market dropped what 500 points? The timing of that increase was very poor.

Read what I'm saying not what you think I'm saying.

I'm sorry my sarcasim wasn't clear enough for you, if you read my whole post you would have seen that I am able to spell the word "stoopid" correctly S-T-U-P-I-D.... SEE. My biggest issue with you is that my original post was to someone that didnt see the split raises as "that big of a deal" and I explained why I thought it was. Then you brought to the table how much smarter you were by never expecting anything out of your part time job than extra money and a stepping stone to a full time job. Which there's not much wrong with that statement, but the way you stated it, people who think that we can expect a full time job, and have a family as a part timer, are some how below you, one that never had a complaint or gripe the intire time you were part time.
You also said you were part time for 8 years, then you really don't know where I'm coming from. Like I've stated before I've been part time for 9 years, 1 year longer than you were, with at least 3 more part time years to look forward too. I wasn't on this site a year ago, at 8 years, complaining. So how can you say you wouldn't have been complaining after 9 years. You can't, becase you didn't work part time that long. So I can and will continue to compain that I'm not full time yet, as common as it is, untill one day I do go full time. But once I do I will probably still feel for part timers, expecally those that are part time longer than it took me.

You seem to have a pretty big inferiority complex. I never said anything about you or any part timer being below me, nor did I ever say I had no complaints when I was part time... once again, those are all your words. But feel free to keep trying... :wink2:

d-rek357

You seem to have a pretty big inferiority complex. I never said anything about you or any part timer being below me, nor did I ever say I had no complaints when I was part time... once again, those are all your words. But feel free to keep trying... :wink2:

My bad, I mis-read everything you said. We are not accomplishing anything this way.:peaceful: