/ Verizon?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Camping Nana, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Camping Nana

Camping Nana Member

We've been using the AT & T discount from for about 10 years. For several reasons have decided to switch to Verizon. Over the weekend, I went online ( to check out the plans and phones. Today we went to the store to pick out the phones that we wanted. Came back home, went online to sign up - low and behold Verizon is not listed. ???? :angry::angry:

If you have been using the UPS discount with Verizon, have you received notification of them canceling it? I'm thinking I may just go back to the store and try it there. The salesman tried to get us to do that this afternoon, but I was pressed for time and didn't want to take the time to do it right then. He agreed with the 22% discount. It would just be so much easier online.
  2. Billy

Billy New Member

I have used it for years and still am with no problems.
  3. upssalesguy

upssalesguy UPS Defender

my UPS blackberry is a verizon phone...there has to be a discount.
  4. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

I tried the link on and it worked for me.
  5. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

I've been using the Verizon discount through for about a year far as I know I am still getting the discount - it's 22% and I think I would have noticed the jump in the phone bill if it had been canceled!
  6. upssalesguy

upssalesguy UPS Defender

25% from sprint :)

i am switching to at&t (because i am a :censored2: and want an iphone), any idea what their discount is?
  7. Solidarity413

Solidarity413 New Member

NO! stay w/ sprint! Get the pre it looks B.A.!
  8. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

There is NO discount with the Iphone or any of the services that go with it.
  9. Camping Nana

Camping Nana Member

Verizon isn't even showing up on the for me.....
  10. spif91

spif91 Member

17% discount but nothing with the iPhone. We have 4 iPhones on our family plan and it would be nice to have the discount.
  11. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Just go to a verizon wireless store. They can set it up w/ the discount. Also be aware that most stores such as verizon wireless will try to upsell you items you do not want. The 22% offer is not good for retirees, btw.
  12. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

When we got Verizon I had to give them a fellow UPSER's phone number and they looked up the discount that way. Try that if you can. It is 22% I believe.
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The 22% discount is still available. All you have to do is to go to one of their stores or kiosks and show proof of employment.
  14. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

I can show them the results of my MRI, think that'll work?
  15. upssalesguy

upssalesguy UPS Defender

really? no discount on the iphone plan or on the iphone itself?
  16. Solidarity413

Solidarity413 New Member

Salesguy have you tried the Pre, yet? I'm wondering what you think. My phone is up for renewal in a few months and was thinking about getting it.
  17. upssalesguy

upssalesguy UPS Defender

i've played with it a little bit, I am just so over sprint it is really clouding my judgement. before I switch, i am going to give it a good looking over. I'll report sprint contract runs out on the 18th...finally.

my wife's best friend is a manager at a AT&T store so we are hopefully going to get a hook up.
  18. Dustyroads

Dustyroads New Member

I know there have been service problems at Sprint, but honestly, they have always treated me well, and with the 25% UPS discount it is pretty cheap. I really only use the phone for making and receiving calls, so the appeal of a certain make or model isn't much.
  19. upssalesguy

upssalesguy UPS Defender

i am the oposite...never had a service problem (other than my phone always breaking) but customer service leaves a little to be desired.
  20. storm4

storm4 New Member

Best to check with others in your area to make sure that they calls are clear. I've had trouble with Sprint and AT&T in NJ, but know others that like their service in other parts of the country. Good luck!