UPSers.com

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by wily_old_vet, Sep 12, 2008.

1. wily_old_vet

wily_old_vet New Member

Does anyone know if retired Teamsters are allow access to UPSers.com and if so how do you go about contacting them to be able to get on the site? Thanks in advance for the help.

2. retired2000

retired2000 Active Member

i have tried to get an id number for that site and my hr. dept does not want to help. do not how long you while be able to log on if you have an id already.

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I think it is for active employees only.

4. Channahon

Channahon New Member

I am retired management and have access to UPSers'com under my employee ID number and password that I had used while still an employee.

You may want to contact the benefits number 1-800-UPS-1508.

As a former employee you should have access to the Employee Discount Program, which is a benefit to all UPS employees, retired or not.

Good luck

5. ups79

ups79 Active Member

Good luck, within a week after I retired I no longer existed.

6. dragracer66

dragracer66 Active Member

UpState is correct it's for active employees, I know 2 people who retired and were able to get on for a while but after like 6 months there emp ids where canceled and couldn't get on and hr told them you have to be and active employee.....

7. rod

rod retired and happy

I'm surprised it took that long.:wink2: But then again within a week after retiring I found myself at the post office shipping some pkgs:peaceful:

8. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Why would you want to go on there after you retire? To see if they added an 11th point to the commentary?

9. wily_old_vet

wily_old_vet New Member

Brown-LOL. I'm always looking for good discounts is why.

Chan- Seems to be a disparity between management retirees and us grunts. Maybe you could contact somebody and get an answer to this for me.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Employee discounts.

11. wily_old_vet

wily_old_vet New Member

Just a update. According to the help desk at UPSers.com those of us who retire as Teamsters are not worthy of using the website. How sadly typical:angry:

12. brownmonster

Do you still get the UPS crap like Inside UPS in the mail?

13. wily_old_vet

wily_old_vet New Member

Nope. Stopped almost immediately. Chan do you still get it?

14. brownmonster

Thanks for your loyalty. Now cease to exist.

15. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Wily ol who???

16. chev

chev Nightcrawler

It must be different for management. HR said the same at our building. Out the door, out of mind.
    Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. :surprised:

17. oldupsman

oldupsman Guest

I was able to get on for about 6 months after retiring. Then I was cut off.

18. Channahon

Channahon New Member

Yes, I do get Inside UPS and every time I read through I am even more thankful that I am retired.

19. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

-
    Curious - many of us old-timers struggle with the changes we see in UPS and we cringe everytime HR sends out a memo with enhancements to our benefits.
    -
    What are some of the specific things you see that makes you "even more thankful that I am retired"?

20. Channahon

Channahon New Member

When I read Inside UPS, I am thankful that the company is continually looking for new innovations to keep UPS strong in today's competitive world.

I'm just happy not to be working anymore, and feel secure with my retirement benefits in today's economy. So I count my lucky stars while I can.