UPSers Credit Card (on topic)

UPSfit

My plan for the secured card is put netflix on it, pay it off each month, and leave it alone. For this one I would do hulu or something similar just to give my credit score a nice boost over time, until the CL is increased. I dont want to get another secured card and have two with extremely high APR that rarely see credit increases, to further increase my score. So wait until atleast 630 for the ups one?

My plan for the secured card is put netflix on it, pay it off each month, and leave it alone. For this one I would do hulu or something similar just to give my credit score a nice boost over time. I dont want to get another secured card and have two with extremely high APR that rarely see credit increases, to further increase my score. So wait until atleast 630 for the ups one?
At least!

oldngray

nowhere special
What many youngsters fail to realize is,how much bad credit can cost you over your lifetime.
Many don't realize that your insurance company checks your credit score.

Low score = higher rates.

They are bad about rate creep even if you have good credit. I pay mine off every month and have a preferred card with points but they still have raised my rates. Maybe they are mad because they don't make any money off me.

They are bad about rate creep even if you have good credit. I pay mine off every month and have a preferred card with points but they still have raised my rates. Maybe they are mad because they don't make any money off me.
They don't make any money off of me. Then I won't use the card for awhile, then they usually offer me some bonus money

Got to play the game.

oldngray

nowhere special
They don't make any money off of me. Then I won't use the card for awhile, then they usually offer me some bonus money

Got to play the game.

I have a VISA and Master Card and will only use one of them at a time. Periodically the other card will offer some kind of deal and I will switch to it for a while.

I have a debit card I only use to get cash from ATM. I just got a new one last week because they are upgrading all the cards to RFID chips. I don't really trust that technology yet but had no choice.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I have several cards,I only use three. The only reason I keep the others is because I had them a long time and it looks good on your credit history .

My Master card gives me 1 and a half back on everything. I use Discover card,just for the 5% back and extra promotions . American Express gives me 1% on everything, 2% at the grocery store and 3% on gas.

I'm using their money! They got enough off of me when I was young.
Just got Amex's Blue Cash Preffered. 6% back at grocery stores, 3% on gas. 6% is insane no one can beat that. I use Citi Double Cash for everything else, 1% when you buy 1% when you pay. And of course Discover's rotating rewards categories, currently giving 5% on restaurants which includes fast food.

It's easy to work the system when you've got good credit.

oldngray

nowhere special
Just got Amex's Blue Cash Preffered. 6% back at grocery stores, 3% on gas. 6% is insane no one can beat that. I use Citi Double Cash for everything else, 1% when you buy 1% when you pay. And of course Discover's rotating rewards categories, currently giving 5% on restaurants which includes fast food.

Agreed but you first need to develop good credit to get those perks.

Big bucks...bank that money.

UPSfit

The unsecured version of the card I got is relatively easy to obtain. It still has a 24.99% APR on it, would it be worth getting in a couple of weeks to do the hulu thing, or should I just be patient until I can get a decent card for my second one.

clean hairy

I use credit karma but unfortunately they dont have special employee cards on there, to give me a guideline. It is 560/585 right now, if I can get this collection taken off after I make my final payment later this month, it should go up significantly. I am hoping employee only cards take pity on poor credit for their employees haha.
Once a collection account is paid off, it does not go away.
It stays on the credit report for 7 yrs.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

The amex blue is the one I was thinking about getting. Seems like a great deal for groceries.

Re-Raise

UPS Capital Visa Signature Rewards Card If you log into UPSers you can go to the HR and Benefits tab and type credit card into the search. When I did that it gave me a code to put in when I applied for the card. I don't want to share that code here, but if you are a UPS employee you should be able to find it. Good luck

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS Capital Visa Signature Rewards Card If you log into UPSers you can go to the HR and Benefits tab and type credit card into the search. When I did that it gave me a code to put in when I applied for the card. I don't want to share that code here, but if you are a UPS employee you should be able to find it. Good luck

That card isn't that great. If you have good credit you can get a better deal from your bank.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I see a lot of cards that look like they have good cash back rewards but they also usually have an annual fee that I'd likely just break even on anyway. I only have one card that I use like cash and pay the balance off each month, the Amazon Rewards card. No annual fee, 2% back at gas stations, restaurants, and drug stores (accounts for close to 90% of my usage), 3% back from Amazon, and 1% everywhere else. I just wait until I accumulate a hundred or two in points and apply it to my balance.

UPSfit

The thread was originally created to get more information on that card. Unless the code they gave me drastically increases the acceptance chance, im stuck with just my secured card for a while.

Re-Raise

That card isn't that great. If you have good credit you can get a better deal from your bank.
It did look like 1% for all purchases and 3% for gas and groceries.
That is better than I would have guessed.

I will admit to having an obsession with free money. I think I even have that card. I have so many now I can't remember them all. I started taking advantage of the $150 to $250 bonus offers a few years ago. We would open an account, cash out the bonus points and move on. We currently are using a new Discover It Card that doubles your points for the first year.

It does hurt your score to open new accounts, but my score is still 837. The only thing keeping it from being higher is the average length of my accounts because of all the new ones we have opened.

oldngray

nowhere special
It did look like 1% for all purchases and 3% for gas and groceries.
That is better than I would have guessed.

I will admit to having an obsession with free money. I think I even have that card. I have so many now I can't remember them all. I started taking advantage of the $150 to $250 bonus offers a few years ago. We would open an account, cash out the bonus points and move on. We currently are using a new Discover It Card that doubles your points for the first year.

It does hurt your score to open new accounts, but my score is still 837. The only thing keeping it from being higher is the average length of my accounts because of all the new ones we have opened.

I'm surprised having that many cards doesn't lower your score more.