UPSers Credit Card (on topic)

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The amex blue is the one I was thinking about getting. Seems like a great deal for groceries.
Only downside is $75 annual fee.
I've always avoided cards with an annual fee, but the cash back will still put me ahead by at least $200 with how much we eat in. Plus, they're currently offering $150 cashback after you spend $1000 in the first three months, which is doable for me. That's the first two annual fees covered right there.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hello everyone. Ive been working the preload shift for almost two years now, and noticed that there is a credit card for ups employees. I have tried contacting Bank of America and searching the web for information, but I cant find what I am searching for. I am trying to figure out what the general credit score is to be accepted for this card. My credit score isnt the best so this card would be awesome. Thank you in advance for any helpful information given.
Max it out on stupid stuff!

Orion inc.

I like turtles
With the exception of the mortgage, we put most of our expenses on our AMEX and MasterCard and pay it in full every month. We save the rewards and cash for travel. Flew to Europe last month on our points and didn't pay a dime for that or the hotel.

Game the benefits. Save money and develop good credit.

Hello everyone. Ive been working the preload shift for almost two years now, and noticed that there is a credit card for ups employees. I have tried contacting Bank of America and searching the web for information, but I cant find what I am searching for. I am trying to figure out what the general credit score is to be accepted for this card. My credit score isnt the best so this card would be awesome. Thank you in advance for any helpful information given.
Stay away from credit cards. They are the devil.

Re-Raise

Years ago I read about people with poor credit paying people with good credit to add them as authorized users on some cards to help raise their credit score. Of course interest rates were higher then and a better credit score could save them thousands in mortgage interest.

ManInBrown

I use credit karma but unfortunately they dont have special employee cards on there, to give me a guideline. It is 560/585 right now, if I can get this collection taken off after I make my final payment later this month, it should go up significantly. I am hoping employee only cards take pity on poor credit for their employees haha.
Nothing gets removed from your credit report. Even if you pay the collection, the negative mark remains, and it's coded as satisfied.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Years ago I read about people with poor credit paying people with good credit to add them as authorized users on some cards to help raise their credit score. Of course interest rates were higher then and a better credit score could save them thousands in mortgage interest.
Boosted my wife's credit score by about 150 points by doing that. They sent cards for her in the mail, I cut all those suckers up into pieces lol.

Re-Raise

Who cares about interest rates? It's called paying your statement balance in full each month. Then there is no interest
A good credit score will get you lower rates on mortgages or auto loans that aren't paid in full each month. On credit cards, I agree the balance should be paid in full each month.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Adding someone with poor credit as an authorized user can affect your personal credit score.

Re-Raise

I'm surprised having that many cards doesn't lower your score more.
image.jpeg

UPSER110

I think schools should teach personal finance in high school, but I learned from my parents. Got a card when I turned 18, used it and paid it off every month, bought several cars payed off or traded them in, and I've have had 2 mortgages. I'm 30 now with a 830 FICO score.