Upsers in New Orleans

mcl

Parents headed to NO for 50th wedding ann... Need some good down home places to eat... A good dive... they will be there in March... Thanks for any and all help.....

Ajblakejr gets down there quite a bit. She could probably help. I haven`t been down in years but there was The Court of Two Sisters and the always popular Cafe du Monde in the Quarter.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
NOLA!!!!

Where are they staying?
How many days?
Before March 8th or after?
(Mardi Gras is March 8th.)
How old are your parents?
Are they very mobile or do they have limitations?

The Court of Two Sisters is an outstanding choice in the French Quarter.
Cach - you da man!!!

Cafe Du Monde is a must. It is open 24 / 7 and you don't need to make plans to stop for Beignets at Cafe Du Monde, it just happens.

Houston's on St Charles Street is outside the Garden District - and now a MUST on my list of places to eat in NO.

I have never been to NO in the late winter / early spring; I travel in the fall or during the NFL season, usually Thanksgiving week.
Thanksgiving week is one of the slowest times in NO.

Just ask away and I will help.

Thank you for the Kudos Cach!!!

mcl

They fly in on the 7th....Leave on the 10th... They are basketball and Chris Paul fans and are going to see the Hornets..They have no limitations.. 70s.. Staying riverwalk area.. They have all day on the 8th to do stuff.. They like the out of the way places ...Not the tourist spots... thanks again for the info....