UPSers shipping discount

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by bottomups, Apr 5, 2013.

1. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Will be shipping several parcels home at the end of vacation. Anyone know how we receive the discount? Do we have to ship through a customer counter, provide proof of employment, etc?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You need to set up an account at ups.com in order to get the discount. You would then process the packages before going on vacation, bringing the labels with you. You would then either call for an OCA, drop them off at the local center or UPS Store, or ask the driver who delivers that area if he/she would be so kind as to stop by on your last day to pick them up (a tip would go a long way to making that person say "yes").

3. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Thank you! I have access to a printer here but no scale so will make my best guess.
    ​Should turn in a sales lead for myself.

4. LongTimeComing

LongTimeComing Air Ops Pro

I feel like it's way more of a pain in the ass than it should be...

5. laffter

laffter Active Member

We get a shipping discount?

6. cosmictrucker

cosmictrucker Trucking is I

Not worth the trouble for a 8% online discount or 5%? at a UPS store. These discounts are only on the freight/shipping portion of services.

7. Tiny Panda

Tiny Panda Member

​We get an 80% discount in the UK but normal price is 5x what other carriers charge

8. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

I have one of my customers ship it, I always try to give them money but they never will take it.