UPSers that complain

kmac126

I have been workin at ups for a little while now, and im still pretty darn happy. i really wanted to start at ups bc i wanted to make a career out of it. but every morning the drivers come in and they all stand around and talk about how much they hate their jobs and just keep complaining.. i mean, if they hate it that much why dont they quit?
is it REALLY that bad?
isnt the pay good in the long run? and the benefits worth it?

im just so curious... bc now im having second thoughts about starting my career here, and i was actually really excited about it, and now im just questioning it.

anyone have any input?

thanks!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I have been workin at ups for a little while now, and im still pretty darn happy. i really wanted to start at ups bc i wanted to make a career out of it. but every morning the drivers come in and they all stand around and talk about how much they hate their jobs and just keep complaining.. i mean, if they hate it that much why dont they quit?
is it REALLY that bad?

im just so curious... bc now im having second thoughts about starting my career here, and i was actually really excited about it, and now im just questioning it.

anyone have any input?

thanks!

Yeah, your key phrase is, "I have been working at ups for a little while". Obviously, you haven't been bent over the log yet. Fear not, it is coming. Repost in two years. See if you have the energy.

What you don't see, is how tough those complainers are. Especially the ones who stand up to the abuse and still manage to do the job by the book.

kmac126

Yeah, your key phrase is, "I have been working at ups for a little while". Obviously, you haven't been bent over the log yet. Fear not, it is coming. Repost in two years. See if you have the energy.

What you don't see, is how tough those complainers are. Especially the ones who stand up to the abuse and still manage to do the job by the book.

your exactly right, they are tough for putting up with it.
ALL im asking is because is it worth putting up with it in etc, "is the pay THAT good?" or any of my questions

they are just questions out of curiosity.

i didnt know people could be so rude just because im trying to ask some stuff.. geez

c23jmp

cjay
We all complain it's just apart of life..Who do you know that works as a driver and comes in everyday happy and glad to go out with 150 to 200 stops when it's not even peak and you know they can put routes in!!

c23jmp

cjay
I don't think their being rude,just their way of telling you how it is and trust me it will get hard you just wait,I've been driving 23 years and it's getting harder.

kmac126

i was just brought up not to complain, not trying to be rude or anything!
but in all seriousness thats fine, it is CLEARLY a hard job, and you gotta have patience.
and i really really do respect all of them for the **** they put up with..

over9five

Staff member
Of course the pay is good! Where else are a bunch of stupid truck drivers going to make this kind of money?

But the job sucks. There's nothing wrong with good people complaining about their jobs, they still show up and kick ass at it every day.

My advice to you is if you can make this kind of money somewhere else, GO THERE! If you're stupid and uneducated, OR educated but too stupid to use that education, then welcome to UPS.

kmac126

thats all i was really wondering,

and i respect them for showing up everyday, just kinda wondered why they all hated it so much ha, thats all.

but thank you

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
i was just brought up not to complain, not trying to be rude or anything!
but in all seriousness thats fine, it is CLEARLY a hard job, and you gotta have patience.
and i really really do respect all of them for the **** they put up with..

The only way anyone will take you seriously here is if u bitch and moan like its the end of the world. Anything less and your just ignored. As but true. Ill tell you what u told a sup last night if I complain everyday I don't like my chances of it ever getting fixed but if I never say anything the chance of it getting fixed are zero. Working until 8,9,10 maybe even later sucks and gets old but yes it pays very well also.

A

anonymous6

just give it time.

about once a month some newbie starts a thread just like yours. then within a couple months they are here complaining like a pro.

wgf46

Honesty is fine, compassion and caring is different. Some sarcastic, know it all a**holes who have knowledge but would rather give smarta** answers, rather than just be honest, concerned and help someone. Seems like managements mentality seeps into the hourly ranks. Management can act like a robot and trained that way. Be more, be better, and be human. Show some respect to simple question. It's not rocket science, if you can't help someone and give an answer without belittling someone, keep your comments to yourself. Geez !!!!

Buck Fifty

is it REALLY that bad?

anyone have any input?

thanks!

Growing Pains:nurse:this should help them !!!

c23jmp

cjay
I had a sup tell me 20 yrs ago,you came here looking for a job we didn't come to you so suck it up!! I still laugh when I hear it.

is it REALLY that bad?

anyone have any input?

thanks!
everyone I've represented who was suspended / terminated couldn't wait to get there job back. Just saying

union4life

is it REALLY that bad?

anyone have any input?

thanks!
In my 21 years I can honestly say I have never heard a fellow employee say "I hate my job."

Many people complain in order to deal with the stress. They need an outlet. From my personal experience, I can tell you how excited I was (in the beginning) to make the money and have the security this job provides. After time, I noticed and experienced events on the job that altered my perspective.

I am still very grateful but not so much to the company as I am to my fellow Teamsters. The ones who took the time to show me how to keep my job despite the company's best efforts to exploit my best intentions and efforts and then treat me in a sort of "disposable" manner.

If you are around for even a little while, you will notice the same no matter what operation you are in or which side of the table you sit on (barganning unit or management). If you search around on this and other forums you will see a remarkable trend of employees who think they are "hard workers, never cause trouble by filing grievances, and break the little rules to favor management". Eventually, those individuals wind up on a message board asking how a company they did so much for can simply fire them or discipline them.

I myself like to here the folks around me complain. That way I know they aren't just bottling it up and holding it. The quite ones are the ones that scare me. Those are the ones I really try to be friendly to. I know one day they may "snap" and go off on any one who has given them ***** over the years. Lucky for me, all my sups are a-holes and they will take all the rounds while the rest of us get the heck out of there, LOL.

Hope you make the right choice.

I look forward to my next 20 years.