upsers wisdom

backinbrown

respect my authority
im going to start driving again tommorow what are items you bring to work as a result of over the years needing things? I have a towel, paper towels, extra socks, flashlight, toilet paper lol,

So im interested in what you bring for i may say great idea and put in my bag. looking for upsers wisdom and experience, i no ill get out there and wish i had something i dont.

thanks in advance
GO PATRIOTS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am lucky in that my condominium is on my delivery route so if I need anything I just stop by the house and get it. I do bring my lunch with me and change so that I can buy a bottled water at my first stop (WalMart) but beyond that I just wait until I am near my house if there is anything that I need. I am also lucky in that I have several customers who let me refill my water bottle w/bottled water during the day as needed.

Jessem, you are worrying way too much about your return. Just go in there and do the best that you can and you will be just fine.

BCFan

I like a sharp knife and a small caliber hand gun (sans serial #'s) for the "varmits" I may encounter along the highways of life:wink2: BC (not Being Careless)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
a pocket knife, some $1's & change, lip balm , hand lotion ( I don't wear gloves ), a radio ( need my tunes ), led flashlight , pen & paper, for bad snow days I keep a mail tote handy with a folding shovel, a scrapper, a lighter, drygas in a pump spray bottle ( does a good job of keeping the windows & mirrors ice free ).

backinbrown

respect my authority
I am lucky in that my condominium is on my delivery route so if I need anything I just stop by the house and get it. I do bring my lunch with me and change so that I can buy a bottled water at my first stop (WalMart) but beyond that I just wait until I am near my house if there is anything that I need. I am also lucky in that I have several customers who let me refill my water bottle w/bottled water during the day as needed.

Jessem, you are worrying way too much about your return. Just go in there and do the best that you can and you will be just fine.
thanks upstate i have to relax.

and Fnix nice idea spare key as i had to call center once when i left my keys in back of truck. I KNOW FAILURE TO FOLLOW METHODS lol

satellitedriver

I carry a small medical emergency kit.
Basic stuff, bandaids, antibiotic ointment, ect...
Also, compression pads(Kotex pads are great for this), Large cotton bandanas,that can be used as slings. ect...
I really carry these for accidents I come across on the road. Being a rural driver, help can be a while getting there.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Shovel, snow chains, extra socks, extra batteries for flashlight, tow strap, water, extra munchies in case I have to spend the night stuck and matches so I can start my truck on fire for warmth and a signal fire (cell phone does not work in many areas ) I also keep sticky notes in my pocket so I can write down reminders to post on my dash. Guess if you live somewhere warm you only need the water and sticky notes.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Toilet Paper? This not a third world country, you shouldn't have a problem finding somewhere to go. We don't even want to know where you intend to dispose of the "used" t.p..

satellitedriver

Toilet Paper? This not a third world country, you shouldn't have a problem finding somewhere to go. We don't even want to know where you intend to dispose of the "used" t.p..
I don't know about the third world country thing, but when you are in the country 20 miles from any kind of town, toilet paper is a lot better solution than using a pine cone you find next to the road.
Duct tape and TP are essential in this 1st world country.
P.S.
Toilet paper dissolves when wet, it is not like plastic water bottles and styrofoam that you see littering the road ways.

backinbrown

respect my authority
I don't know about the third world country thing, but when you are in the country 20 miles from any kind of town, toilet paper is a lot better solution than using a pine cone you find next to the road.
Duct tape and TP are essential in this 1st world country.
P.S.
Toilet paper dissolves when wet, it is not like plastic water bottles and styrofoam that you see littering the road ways.
lol amen to that im in rural country area cant break off to find a rest room, i was wondering about myself till you posted that.

Cementups

Box Monkey
there is a post somewhere of all the stuff I carry, I don't feeling like listing it again.

I would recommend you carry some of this as well:

monsterenergy.jpg

upsdude

Couple packs of menthol lights, diet dew, small radio, flashlight, cell phone charger, latest issue of Street Rodder magazine, and a couple extra lighters. Anything else and I just stop by the house.

backinbrown

respect my authority
there is a post somewhere of all the stuff I carry, I don't feeling like listing it again.

I would recommend you carry some of this as well:

monsterenergy.jpg
CEMENTUPS i found your post of stuff in your truck. I think umbrella is good one hadnt thought of that one. And for those that said asprin or something of the asprin family i also did not think of that. Ice scraper and window cleaner also good, i new you guys would have some stuff i didnt think of wich i no will eventually be needed.
thanks to all

extra delivery notices, diad stylus, pen. I carry a thin extractable blade razor knife in with my pen.
Did ya know ya can use TP to blow your nose too? so that can do for more than one job. I've known guys that carried extra pants in case they got a tear in an embarrassing place.

backinbrown

respect my authority
extra delivery notices, diad stylus, pen. I carry a thin extractable blade razor knife in with my pen.
Did ya know ya can use TP to blow your nose too? so that can do for more than one job. I've known guys that carried extra pants in case they got a tear in an embarrassing place.
Thats to gdm funny i laughed my butt off, when i said i bring toilet paper i didnt think anything about it, till Blackbox said didnt want to no what i was doing with it. Some of the responses have been great. I dont feel so bad now. I cant stop laughing. I love this site it makes me laugh, and answers questions i have. Best of both worlds here.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I keep my TP in my truck because sometimes you have to use a port-o-let. I don't about your job-johnnys but the ones we have have the super single sheet. Poke right thru in a single swipe.