Upset courier

Yomama11

I see...still new to site.I don't know..anyone saying 2-4 years is a realistic time to top out...I can't think of another job where an employee tops out in that time frame.

optikz

I see...still new to site.I don't know..anyone saying 2-4 years is a realistic time to top out...I can't think of another job where an employee tops out in that time frame.
ups, Ford, bridgestone.... and their pay is much higher than fedex. yet fedex profits are higher than all of those companies.

vantexan

Got to earn your stripes...people with 10 years have gone thru the struggle of 2% raises so why would fedrx want to award someone new off the street with all the money they haven't worked long enough for...this is what's wrong with the new hire..they greedy and think 2 years is long enough to top out..it'd taken other drivers 20 years.do the time as others have...same job is irrelevant...do the same amount of years others have done before you..go through a recession when fedex didn't give a raise out for 18 months.stop taking 11 yours to do a 7 hour route...talking bout 2 years to make $30...what drug are you smoking..
And yet we who went through 10, 15, or more years with low pay wanted the same deal the topped out couriers got. You know, 2-4 years? At this point the only fair thing to do if they're going to have a 10 year system is top everyone out with 10+ years and if you are say a 6 year employee you're on step 6, for example. Not likely with FedEx. They're probably working on the exact, pass the legal smell test, wording for when they freeze steps for a year or two. Will be real interesting to see if next year
they tell topped out couriers they are on the last rung, there's nowhere else to go.

Yomama11

I agree ...if you've done 10 or more years than fedex express needs to top those couriers out...Un 10 years you fall into the step of how many years you've worked..
Funny thing for mi is I transferred 2 years from a A market to a B market...fedex said different market different pay so I lost $1.26 an hour...if anyone transfers now they don't lose any pay because the markets are the now...thanks Fred for stealing my money

swinginthewind

Just because you and others were victims of circumstance for far too long, doesn't mean others who do the exact job (or more) need to suffer as well. 5 years would be plenty long enough to top out

swinginthewind

And yet we who went through 10, 15, or more years with low pay wanted the same deal the topped out couriers got. You know, 2-4 years? At this point the only fair thing to do if they're going to have a 10 year system is top everyone out with 10+ years and if you are say a 6 year employee you're on step 6, for example. Not likely with FedEx. They're probably working on the exact, pass the legal smell test, wording for when they freeze steps for a year or two. Will be real interesting to see if next year
they tell topped out couriers they are on the last rung, there's nowhere else to go.

I mean, they'll get their cost of living adjustment, 3% or something. And for what 3/4 of these topped out people do these days, that's more than enough compensation.

dezguy

Very true but more realistic should be 7 years to top out...3 years is way to quick in this age to top out from $17 to 26....fedex has taken care of the issue of topping out and how long to some degreee (10 step progression) but failed to take care of people who've worked 6-13 years...brand new off the the street a courier in 10 years *if step progression doesn't change will top out...those employees with 6-13 will top out on average of a total of 14-20 years...just crazy
And you're the reason FedEx gets away with what they do. You accept that 7 years if good enough. Then X hands you a 10 step plan and you think, oh 10 steps is only like 3 more years.

Before my time couriers topped out in 14 MONTHS. Not 14 years, MONTHS. There is absolutely no reason it should take 10+ years to hit top of range other than people like you allow it to happen.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So what do you suggest the employees do at fedex so we top out in 14 months?
Please click on the "reply" before you respond to a post so we know who you're talking to.
image.png

Yomama11

And you're the reason FedEx gets away with what they do. You accept that 7 years if good enough. Then X hands you a 10 step plan and you think, oh 10 steps is only like 3 more years.

Before my time couriers topped out in 14 MONTHS. Not 14 years, MONTHS. There is absolutely no reason it should take 10+ years to hit top of range other than people like you allow it to happen.
So what do you suggest the employees do at fedex so we top out in 14 months? What did the couriers do in 1982?

dezguy

So what do you suggest the employees do at fedex so we top out in 14 months? What did the couriers do in 1982?
The couriers in 1982 topped out in 14 months, that's what they did. What I suggest we do is sack up and form a union but that won't happen because of people like you who believe in tiered wages and that no one should make as much as I do because I'm a special snowflake.

We all do the same damn job, we should all be paid the same damn rate. And no, I don't expect that to happen after 14 months, those days are long gone and I'm not naive to think they're coming back but, most places I've ever worked at have taken no less than 3 years to get to top rate, maybe 4 after the recession.

Last edited: