Upset is an understatement!!!!

czalinsky

My 3 year seniority date was August 17th 2013. I don't get any of the Union Perks (raises) because I wasn't here for that contract. WELLLLLL now I'm not going to get any of the new Contracts Raises ($.70 backdated from August 1st, paid in a check in Dec. ) because my Seniority wasn't August 1st 2013. Now the new hires will make almost as much as i am making. (Close to it) The union can keep there money and I'll keep mine. No more union for me... :angry::angry::angry: I have never needed them...

Stonefish

My 3 year seniority date was August 17th 2013. I don't get any of the Union Perks (raises) because I wasn't here for that contract. WELLLLLL now I'm not going to get any of the new Contracts Raises ($.70 backdated from August 1st, paid in a check in Dec. ) because my Seniority wasn't August 1st 2013. Now the new hires will make almost as much as i am making. (Close to it) The union can keep there money and I'll keep mine. No more union for me... :angry::angry::angry: I have never needed them...
Why did you come to UPS?

czalinsky

Doesn't matter what I voted. I shouldn't have been asked to vote if I wasn't going to be involved in the result. why does it matter "why" I came... Exactly Cachsux!!!!

LagunaBrown

right, you never needed the Union but you got a good Union job. Stay in school and be all you can be...... I'm sure it will be much better on your blood pressure than UPS.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Doesn't matter what I voted. I shouldn't have been asked to vote if I wasn't going to be involved in the result. why does it matter "why" I came... Exactly Cachsux!!!!

Really? Because if you voted yes or didn't vote u have no right no complain. It's in the contract that no new hire will make more than a current employee. So your pay woul be bumped up if this were the case.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

I don't even know what you're posting here. If you had seniority before Aug. 1 2013, then you will receive all of the new contract raises and not the "PT progression" raises. The reason you haven't received the $0.70 yet is because we are under a contract extension due to 17 supplemental agreements being voted down, that money will be paid retroactively once the agreement passes in full.

czalinsky

Really? Because if you voted yes or didn't vote u have no right no complain. It's in the contract that no new hire will make more than a current employee. So your pay woul be bumped up if this were the case.

Not that it's any of your Business, But I did Vote no. I didn't say they would make more I said They would be close to what I am getting paid.

czalinsky

I don't even know what you're posting here. If you had seniority before Aug. 1 2013, then you will receive all of the new contract raises and not the "PT progression" raises. The reason you haven't received the $0.70 yet is because we are under a contract extension due to 17 supplemental agreements being voted down, that money will be paid retroactively once the agreement passes in full.
I was told today That because my 3 year year Seniority was 16 days after August 1st 2013 I would NOT be getting the $.70 . I know it hasn't been passed yet... I was told this by our Steward.

upschuck

According to Art 22 Section 5, new contract, it does say that employees still in progression will receive the contractual increases, so you will get the .70 increase. So you will get it retroactively.

czalinsky

According to Art 22 Section 5, new contract, it does say that employees still in progression will receive the contractual increases, so you will get the .70 increase. So you will get it retroactively.
I SOOOOOOO hope your right and our steward was Wrong. He said I wouldn't receive any bump until next August 17th

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I was told today That because my 3 year year Seniority was 16 days after August 1st 2013 I would NOT be getting the $.70 . I know it hasn't been passed yet... I was told this by our Steward.

Your steward is an illiterate jackass. I've been told by our local representatives that were on the National Negotiating committee that current PT'ers will receive the contractual increases and will receive no less than they would have been previously entitled to under the current progression and/or the 2008-2013 progression. The PT Progression is pretty ****ty in general, but it will only affect the folks coming in after August 1.

czalinsky

Your steward is an illiterate jackass. I've been told by our local representatives that were on the National Negotiating committee that current PT'ers will receive the contractual increases and will receive no less than they would have been previously entitled to under the current progression and/or the 2008-2013 progression. The PT Progression is pretty ****ty in general, but it will only affect the folks coming in after August 1.
Thank you... You have made me a little happier today...... It took him 3 days to tell me the wrong answer. UGH!!!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Thank you... You have made me a little happier today...... It took him 3 days to tell me the wrong answer. UGH!!!

Just remember..

dontbeascab.jpg

:peaceful:
dontbeascab.jpg

The Milkman

These are some of the results of Ups wanting to stretch out longer and longer to top rate. When I started it took me 9 months to get to top rate, now 4 yrs WTF? Concessions/givebacks only hurt the future ones looking for a job at Ups. when you get hired you know up front the deal...Can it take 5-6 yrs down the road? By then everyone will be working for P/T wages for many yrs before top rate (UPS PLAN more $$$ for the stockholders), No reason for concessions when Billions are made yr after yr...I go back to 81....And I can't recall them losing any $$$ in any yr. Please correct me if I am wrong..

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
These are some of the results of Ups wanting to stretch out longer and longer to top rate. When I started it took me 9 months to get to top rate, now 4 yrs WTF? Concessions/givebacks only hurt the future ones looking for a job at Ups. when you get hired you know up front the deal...Can it take 5-6 yrs down the road? By then everyone will be working for P/T wages for many yrs before top rate (UPS PLAN more $$$ for the stockholders), No reason for concessions when Billions are made yr after yr...I go back to 81....And I can't recall them losing any $$$ in any yr. Please correct me if I am wrong..

You're absolutely right, but cazlinsky is referring to the PT progression which is an even worse deal than the new 4 year FT progression. When I was first hired under the 2002 contract, I had no progression and was making over $13.00/hr after 4 years with skill pay. The progression agreed to under the 2008 deal (which was the first time PT'ers did not receive the GWIs and received a progression instead) set wages it to $12.87 (with skill pay) after four years, after which the GWI would kick in (most of the progression raises were smaller than the GWI for PT'ers). The new progression under the TA addresses this somewhat, with a PT'er finishing progression after 4 years making $13.50 with skill pay.

Quite frankly, the huge wage disparities among PT'ers plays a large role in why the PT ranks are so divided. Drivers finished with progression are all making the same hourly rate of pay, while less senior PT'ers are literally working alongside people making more than double their hourly rate.

The additional year to top out as a FT'er is just adding insult to injury after already having to wait 15 years for a FT job. I guarantee you UPS will try to bump it up to at least 5 years during the next contract, if they don't demand a two-tier wage/benefit system outright.