UPS's "Final Offer" Vs What We Won By Striking In 1997 Memory Lane

InsideUPS

Do you think UPS is a better place to work today than prior to the strike in 1997?
The changes in attitudes towards employees and even UPS going public were defined and cemented in the aftermath of the 1997 strike.
The UPS BOD and Management Committee changed their attitude towards Teamster employees and felt betrayed.
From that point forward, "UPS" has continuously changed from having a paternal attitude towards it's employees to what it is today.
Still think the strike was successful?

Hoaxster......over the past several months, I've come to know that you sometimes enjoy being sarcastic... certainly you're not serious that UPS ever had a "paternal attitude" towards it's employees? If what I experienced from 1978 to 1997 was a "Paternal Attitude" toward me...... I'm REALLY glad that I grew up without a father.

UPS was a better to work prior to the strike...only because of the more qualified management teams we had back then. The IPO and Wall Street is what changed UPS not the strike IMHO...

I'm so glad that you mentioned the Board of Directors.. Here's a group photo of them at their recent Board meeting.

greed.jpg
greed.jpg
greed.jpg

A

anonymous6

Do you think UPS is a better place to work today than prior to the strike in 1997?
The changes in attitudes towards employees and even UPS going public were defined and cemented in the aftermath of the 1997 strike.
The UPS BOD and Management Committee changed their attitude towards Teamster employees and felt betrayed.
From that point forward, "UPS" has continuously changed from having a paternal attitude towards it's employees to what it is today.
Still think the strike was successful?

i disagree. I remember very clearly that managements attitude was changing way before the strike . but you are right that it was much worse afterwards.

i really think attitude started changing for the worse when the company went public and our managers were getting beat up daily about NUMBERS< NUMBERS< NUMBERS.