UPS's Record-Smashing Day

Discussion in 'The Latest UPS Headlines' started by cheryl, Oct 26, 2013.

1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

UPS's Record-Smashing Day - Motley Fool

In just one day this year -- Monday, Dec. 16, to be exact -- UPS (NYSE: UPS ) expects to move a record 34 million packages through its system.

That works out to about 1.5 million deliveries per hour, or an incredible 23,611 packages each minute.
  2. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Wednesday is always the heaviest day in my center, I predict the 18th will be heavier. Plus with the weekend ordering, how could UPS think that Monday would be the heaviest?
  3. gman042

gman042 Been around the block a few times

This very moment, UPS has a crack team of scientists working on the theory of time and relativity to slow down the passage of time in order to cram more deliveries into a work day.
  4. bmwmc

bmwmc Active Member

I wonder how much of UPS "growth" has been in the ARS RS service? I know I pick up at least 10 on average every day. Multiplied across the country its has to be over a million packages. That's about 8% of total package volume. The RS ARS service is a flat rate price. Its not charged the same as a dimensional weight or scaled weight package from a commercial account. How much of the increased revenue are cost cuts done off the backs of management?
  5. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

Yeah, a Monday seems odd. That's the day we (at least my center) cut routes. Which means we always get added splits we don't get the rest of the week.