UPS's Safest Driver

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sometimes I get the picture he works in wonderland. Like it is to good to be true and I'm getting ripped off because I work in such a big operation. We are always the first to get all new technology and every big boss and his or her big bosses and fifteen other big wigs are always around. If I worked in a very little barn in this Mary Poppens atmosphere maybe my perspective wouldn't be so clouded and proactive. Nah who am I kidding I work in the big leagues where you have to be a man and you see and experience every facet of the culture. Over a thousand or so characters to where I'm from and no bed of roses.

Oh, where to begin...first of all, we are not farmers, so we do not work in barns. Second, yes, ours is a small center (25-30 routes), with none of the union/mgt drama which has filled the 804 thread. We come to work, do our jobs and go home. If we have an issue we sit down with the manager in question (we only have 3 of them) and discuss it without putting pen to paper. If the issue is not resolved we then file the grievance. For example, I was scrolling through my EDD Friday morning and noticed a stop which I would not be able to deliver due to our flooding. I brought it to the attention of our PDS who initiated an add/cut to move the pkg so that it could be delivered to an alternate address.

Only a fool would believe that working in an environment free from the drama of union/mgt tension makes that person less of a man.

Oh, where to begin...first of all, we are not farmers, so we do not work in barns. Second, yes, ours is a small center (25-30 routes), with none of the union/mgt drama which has filled the 804 thread. We come to work, do our jobs and go home. If we have an issue we sit down with the manager in question (we only have 3 of them) and discuss it without putting pen to paper. If the issue is not resolved we then file the grievance. For example, I was scrolling through my EDD Friday morning and noticed a stop which I would not be able to deliver due to our flooding. I brought it to the attention of our PDS who initiated an add/cut to move the pkg so that it could be delivered to an alternate address.

Only a fool would believe that working in an environment free from the drama of union/mgt tension makes that person less of a man.
I'm not saying your not a man I'm just saying that you haven't experienced the real ups culture and with over 13,000 posts some telling people like me how it is is kind of ridiculous. The barn you are out of isn't reality and it's not even close to the front line. I'm not tring to bash you Dave I'm just telling you the you haven't even come close to the experience of the real world ups CULTURE.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not saying your not a man I'm just saying that you haven't experienced the real ups culture and with over 13,000 posts some telling people like me how it is is kind of ridiculous. The barn you are out of isn't reality and it's not even close to the front line. I'm not tring to bash you Dave I'm just telling you the you haven't even come close to the experience of the real world ups CULTURE.

...and what makes you think I would want to experience even an ounce of the BS that you guys talk about??

...and what makes you think I would want to experience even an ounce of the BS that you guys talk about??
Sometimes your many posts seem to be so worldly and know it all is all I'm saying. I'm glad for you that you don't have to walk a day in my shoes. I had a chance to take a route in a small center and I kick myself every once in a while for passing. God bless

DorkHead

Back on topic. I`m sure alot of drivers admire this man for what he has accomplished. I`m also sure these same drivers are saying " I hope that is never me" I can`t understand how anyone could not have plans or dreams for themselves that they would like to fulfill before they aren`t physically able to do so! I feel sorry for this man.