upssocks revisited

D

Dis-organized Labor

I like socks. He speaks his mind. I've never liked the politically correct types.

But then...... I might be him or he might be me or him might be him or me might be me.....:)

I tend to agree with you. Although initially I have the same pissed off impression about his words, but he does speak his mind.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
A manager manages everything. I am a hands on kind of guy.
then why not save the company some real money, and get rid of the sups. after all, you are doing their job, and they are not allowed to breathe without your express approval.

again, another post as to why you are the worst ups has to offer. instead of believing in your people, and growing your people to take care of business, you tend to overshaddow and override everything they do.

there is no chance of growth, and almost zero chance of getting advanced for those under you.
what would you be spitting out?
another fine example of the repressed tendency you have.

might as well come out of your closet, it seems like everyone else is.

d

UPSSOCKS

then why not save the company some real money, and get rid of the sups. after all, you are doing their job, and they are not allowed to breathe without your express approval.

again, another post as to why you are the worst ups has to offer. instead of believing in your people, and growing your people to take care of business, you tend to overshaddow and override everything they do.

there is no chance of growth, and almost zero chance of getting advanced for those under you.
d

Sups are inexpensive and very crucial to the company. Part Time sups make the world go round. They run the buisness. You can't teach them to grow. Some just have it, and some don't. The ones that do will go far without much guidance. No one helped me I fought and clawed to get where I am at.

UPSSOCKS

The only real way to save some costs with this company is to take away free healthcare to union employees. I am willing to bet, it is not far away.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only real way to save some costs with this company is to take away free healthcare to union employees. I am willing to bet, it is not far away.

You finally got one right!! I also fully expect to begin paying for a portion of my healthcare in 2013. I would prefer to accept a wage freeze in lieu of healthcare contribtions but only a fool should expect both a raise and continued free healthcare, especially if the economy has not fully recovered.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

It is not free ! It is part of our compensation.Paid for by the sweat and blood of our labors .Free is when you don't work, go to the emergency room with some ailment and get treated with the bill being paid for by other people's tax dollars.

UPSSOCKS

It is not free ! It is part of our compensation.Paid for by the sweat and blood of our labors .Free is when you don't work, go to the emergency room with some ailment and get treated with the bill being paid for by other people's tax dollars.

Spoken like a true steward, and if I was in the union I would want a guy like you fighting for my rights but, they are pretty much free. I would be willing to bet that it will cost to have you family on your healthcare plan as well.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
socks

that was an interesting exchange. i thought you liked to think of yourself as the dominant player, but yet when a steward corrects you, you start backpeddling like a little kid.

first you said free health care, then change it to pretty much free? and by a part time steward to boot......hahahaha, lol you are a legend in your mind alone.

again, proof the the profile was much more right on target than you would like for us to believe.

as to your fighting and clawing your way to where you are now, i bet the path is littered with the fallen that got in your way.

and sups are inexpensive? is that what you said? then why is the company dumping all those inexpensive people to save money? why not more union labor?

as far as part time sups, yup. all you try to do with most of them is have another hourly that does not show on the report. that is ups's answer to so many issues, hire more management to solve the problem.

d

UPSSOCKS

socks

that was an interesting exchange. i thought you liked to think of yourself as the dominant player, but yet when a steward corrects you, you start backpeddling like a little kid.

first you said free health care, then change it to pretty much free? and by a part time steward to boot......hahahaha, lol you are a legend in your mind alone.

d

I still think it is free healthcare, but technically It is part of a compensation package. You guys will think it was free too, once you start paying for it.

I like socks. He speaks his mind. I've never liked the politically correct types.

But then...... I might be him or he might be me or him might be him or me might be me.....:)
Tie, I'm not sure I understand your criteria here. There are many people on this board that fit the description you mentioned. Yet, you seem to have a problem with them. Help me understand. Is socks getting your kuddos because he speaks his mind without sugar coating, or is it because you agree with all he says?