Upstairs delivery.

oldngray

nowhere special
This is a little bit of a dilemma. The shipper pays for a front door delivery. Is the delivery to the lobby or to the front door? He needs to ask his sup and then work as directed.

Where is it written that a shipper pays for front door delivery? And in this case the front door was up the stairs anyway. It's a pain but just part of the job.

rod

Retired 22 years
I wish I would have know we had the choice not to deliver to upstairs apartments. It would of saved me 30 years of climbing steps. Just man up and do your job. No one likes climbing steps but its part of the job. If it was your Grandma you were delivering to would you make her lug her stuff up to her apartment?

oldngray

nowhere special
If you have a customer that its hard to deliver to then try to work out something with them. Maybe a storage shed downstairs or they might have a garage for their car. If the customer still insists on having her hay up on the 4th floor then you need to haul it up there though.

big idea

We all hate having to go upstairs, especially for heavy deliveries. I have a lady in an apartment building that every two weeks gets four bales of hay delivered to her. Yes, hay. I usually driver release it at the front door, but she starting to call and complain. What do you think about this?
Take them upstairs to the woman.You never know you might get a roll in the hay.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
We all hate having to go upstairs, especially for heavy deliveries. I have a lady in an apartment building that every two weeks gets four bales of hay delivered to her. Yes, hay. I usually driver release it at the front door, but she starting to call and complain. What do you think about this?
If she's hot - bring to her apartment door
If she's a pig - bring to rental office

wilberforce15

The answer to this is the same answer I have for everything that might cause a problem. Get a documented answer from your supervisor, then do whatever he says.

When I start making independent decisions based on common sense or what I think the rules ought to be, that's when I'm in danger.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Had some idiot customer try and return a 90 lb coffee table in bubble wrap with tons of duck tape, no carboard box. he asked if this would be okay... I said, "Sure... It'll be saw dust by the time it makes it back to Costco but yeah i'll take it"...lol

ManInBrown

Why would someone need bales of hay in an upstairs apartment?
Exactly. I had a customer one time tell me to bring 4 Monster truck tires up to the porch because he was bringing them inside the house. I was just going to DR them at the garage. Sure enough he really brought them inside.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Where is it written that a shipper pays for front door delivery? And in this case the front door was up the stairs anyway. It's a pain but just part of the job.
The shipper pays to deliver the package to the consignee at 9 Brown Blvd. The consignee is on the 9th floor, not in the lobby. Sorry, but you may be forced to do the stairs.