Upstate is not perfect after all.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
K the 1st part of OP's post is resolved...

waitamin, if that's his regular route & knows his customers well enough to indirectly deliver to the customer's workplace, what is wrong with that? He verified the consignee with their ID & knows that they won't file a complaint against him...

I had a wine parcel that I got to their business after closing time; the consignee left a note with their phone number. I called it & their home is only a block away. in my scanner, I can also edit address as well as add "at customer's request" or something similar. Verified with their ID & let them sign the scanner.

I had a few of those customers like that as well (they chased me down too) & I'll ask for the "sorry we missed you" doortag as well as their ID to verify them.

There's also that service where they'll hold the parcel at the closest UPS store/ FedEx office/ or HUB for customer pickup/ will call... so you won't have to take it out for a 2nd or 3rd attempt

Guns, on the other hand, I agree that it'll be no indirect delivery & will mention the above service if they won't be at home to receive/directly sign for them

It's all about driver discretion & knowing your customers.

I don't care what's in the box.
I don't purposely break the rules, nor do approach them as if they were subject to my discretion.
Bottom line, there's nothing in it for me except risk, so no thanks.

That being said, if my conscience drove me such an act of desperation, I would ask my center manager to send me an OMS message saying it was OK.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have had several of these A8's add corrected to the person's place of employment. I've had the OMS ask me if a person can meet me to get their A8. I have no problem with Upstates method. I do have a problem with the empty box example at the non DR trailerhood. No DR is no DR. If the boss doesn't like send agains, then he can remove the no DR restriction from the address.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Every time I come on Brown Cafe lately I see this thread in the whats new stuff. I keep wondering to myself, WHO CARES!!!!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dilli there is a way to release Basic(shipper release) at a NO DR location. Release as a normal stop, when the prompt pops up, to the left of the screen is RelNum, hit the button under it and enter. Away you go. We were told in a PCM to do this.
BBH, I used this today. I was surprised I remembered it. It worked perfectly. Thank you. I will have to pass on this info to other drivers and I hope my OR notices it so I can say, "HA, I have friends in high places who teach me how to do my job.". I love it. Thanks. :happy-very:

And to boot, it was a VA-med NDA!!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

BBH, I used this today. I was surprised I remembered it. It worked perfectly. Thank you. I will have to pass on this info to other drivers and I hope my OR notices it so I can say, "HA, I have friends in high places who teach me how to do my job.". I love it. Thanks. :happy-very:

You released medicine in a no DR trailer park????

I have yet to see a VA package sent Basic or Shipper Release.

menotyou

bella amicizia
She didn't say trailer park. But, she did say she released a no dr package, dr. The teacher in Syracuse would have me for lunch. Probably not everybody, but definitely me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a trailerhood that has been put on the 'NO DR' list. I had 2 empty dish return boxes for a customer in the trailerhood the other day. Of course the customer wasn't home and I couldn't see my way to bringing these back as send agains. I signed "empty dish boxes", clarified "empty dish boxes" and left them at the customers door. I told my OR what I did. He said, "Thank you.". :happy-very:

menotyou, this is the post that I was basing my response on.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I know. I think you are mixing the two. I might be wrong. I hope she didn't do that. I wish she hadn't done what she did. Potential for trouble is too great.

over9five

Staff member
You guys are stereotyping trailer parks. I have delivered to some fine, upstanding trailer parks!

<ok, I've never delivered to a trailer park.....>

menotyou

bella amicizia
Trailer parks use to be ok. Ive delivered to several. All no DR. What's that tell ya? Of course, half of Watertown is no DR now. Even if the board doesn't prompt you. Seriously.

Johney

Hey I told you about it first!(post 79) BBH said it in(post 87) Man I don't get any respect around here.:whiteflag: J/K I learn more here than at work also dilli.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You released medicine in a no DR trailer park????

I have yet to see a VA package sent Basic or Shipper Release.
Yes Dave, I did. It was a VA med, it was shipper release, it was a committed NDA. Are you questioning my integrity?

BTW - we DO get shipper release VA meds.

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I know. I think you are mixing the two. I might be wrong. I hope she didn't do that. I wish she hadn't done what she did. Potential for trouble is too great.
I did do that. I had one of these last week to a different address. I couldn't find the address so it went back to the center. All holy hell broke out over it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Oh. Each center is so different in there own little way. We would catch hell if we did do it. That's why I say that. If that's how your manager rolls, go for it! My on-car looked me in the face and said never dr a no dr. So, I don't. Lord knows, I can push an issue for 100 miles, but this one I leave alone.:happy-very: