Upstate New York Snow

upscat

Since Buffalo is next to Niagra Falls this is interesting- frozen over.
fdceb2fe-86c0-4c57-af82-b94ceb93a198_RTX176R1.jpg
nice time to honeymoon there? Nothing to do but stay inside and....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I used to hike in the woods a lot and took many winter pictures of frozen waterfalls. Small ones though.
I love hiking through the woods too.
I teach Waterfall Photography workshops and we are sliding down banks and walking through water and climbing up banks using tree roots, etc.
Therefore, I'll shoot waterfalls from the parking lot when it is below 32 degrees - too dangerous.
As I recall Tallulah falls recalls hiking to get into position to shoot with someone getting killed every couple of years and that is in the summer time. That is what I was reacting too.

oldngray

nowhere special
I teach Waterfall Photography workshops and we are sliding down banks and walking through water and climbing up banks using tree roots, etc.
Therefore, I'll shoot waterfalls from the parking lot when it is below 32 degrees - too dangerous.
As I recall Tallulah falls recalls hiking to get into position to shoot with someone getting killed every couple of years and that is in the summer time. That is what I was reacting too.

My father climbed around Tallulah Gorge when he was a kid before it was closed off to public. He cut his palm open and lost the use of two of his fingers doing it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My father climbed around Tallulah Gorge when he was a kid before it was closed off to public. He cut his palm open and lost the use of two of his fingers doing it.
Sorry for your Dad and it has been 20 years plus since I was there.
It is a potentially dangerous place once you get off the trails.
Cloudland Canyon on the other side of Georgia is possibly even more dangerous.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Way off topic !!!

I just checked Google Earth to see where Watertown, Rodman, and Fort Drum were. Never been there before. While checking Fort Drum, to the west of the airport, that is a beautiful oval shaped compex of roads and buildings. Pretty impressive.

What caught my eye was one of the streets cutting through is called Mr Belvedere Blvd. The actor in Mr Belvedere was from England so how did this name come about !! Just find it strange.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread :sissyfight:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So we are changing thread names now. Well that just makes my previous post look stupid. They generally don't need any help. :knockedout:
Your post was the one that prompted the name change.
If someone as astute as you were fooled, I felt compelled to keep others from being duped as well.

upschuck

When I first saw this thread name, I thought it was about Dave, but since it is not, I will keep quiet and not respond.

Your post was the one that prompted the name change.
If someone as astute as you were fooled, I felt compelled to keep others from being duped as well.
Flattery will get you everywhere, but I thought my amusing ending would have given my sarcasm away.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Yes very dangerous. Up by me Hunter,Ny. We have a death every yr. Some one slips and falls about 200 ft. Also happens in the summer. Hikers think they can hike with sandals on. I must say they are impressive falls