Upstatenyupser 13,657 post.

QKRSTKR

Gotcha. I do love the stupid people though, put on flashers early, and you can watch them in mirror. It's like HELLO, UPS truck with flashers on, what do you think I'm about to do? Like they've never seen one before.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Gotcha. I do love the stupid people though, put on flashers early, and you can watch them in mirror. It's like HELLO, UPS truck with flashers on, what do you think I'm about to do? Like they've never seen one before.

We had those bright orange SAFETY flags here for a while--didn't help.

A person is smart but people can be very stupid.

I'll give you an example: I was delivering on a busy four lane (2 lanes each way) street. I was in the right hand lane. I had a stop so I put the four ways on half a block before the stop, secured the pkg car, selected the pkg, grabbed the DIAD, made sure I had 3 points of contact and proceeded to cross behind the pkg car only to discover 6 cars had lined up behind the PC. The first car did not have her eyes ahead of her car, did not see the four ways and stopped right behind the PC and, like sheep, the other 5 stopped behind her. The other lane was clear. The first lady proceeded to yell at me for blocking the road. I simply pointed at the 4-ways, made the delivery, came back to the PC (she was still sitting there) and drove to the next stop.

407, I don't give you the time of the day as I would have to explain it to you using "big hand, little hand".
I've tried to be nice to you because that's how I treat people who are jerks to me but I give up. Once a jerk always a jerk I'll pray for you bully.

UPSGUY72

We had those bright orange SAFETY flags here for a while--didn't help.

Nothing helps they are on their phone and could care less to what is going on in front of them. Every time I stop on a busy road I make sure that I get out of the package car as safely and quickly as possible as I have this feeling some idiot is going rear end me while I'm retrieving the package to be delivered.

upsgrunt

I guess I don't understand how this thread was started at 9:23 last night and your post count was 13,657, and 12 hours later you've increased it by almost 40, and I'm pretty sure you slept more than half those hours.

curiousbrain

Upstate is a person with opinions on lots of things, and he voices those opinions. Isn't that the whole point of a forum?

Who cares what his post count is.

tracker2762

A person is smart but people can be very stupid.

I'll give you an example: I was delivering on a busy four lane (2 lanes each way) street. I was in the right hand lane. I had a stop so I put the four ways on half a block before the stop, secured the pkg car, selected the pkg, grabbed the DIAD, made sure I had 3 points of contact and proceeded to cross behind the pkg car only to discover 6 cars had lined up behind the PC. The first car did not have her eyes ahead of her car, did not see the four ways and stopped right behind the PC and, like sheep, the other 5 stopped behind her. The other lane was clear. The first lady proceeded to yell at me for blocking the road. I simply pointed at the 4-ways, made the delivery, came back to the PC (she was still sitting there) and drove to the next stop.

407, I don't give you the time of the day as I would have to explain it to you using "big hand, little hand".

This is why I don't go to the rear to cross the road. I like to have a pc between me and these idiots on the road. Most don't see past the front bumper of their car. They can gig me all they want, freaks me out.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
This is why I don't go to the rear to cross the road. I like to have a pc between me and these idiots on the road. Most don't see past the front bumper of their car. They can gig me all they want, freaks me out.
I hear ya! I WILL NOT cross behind the PC. Been dinged on that method on every observation I have had in 28 years. Cannot teach this old dog that trick! If someone decides to rear end me, I refuse to be part of that sandwich.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I hear ya! I WILL NOT cross behind the PC. Been dinged on that method on every observation I have had in 28 years. Cannot teach this old dog that trick! If someone decides to rear end me, I refuse to be part of that sandwich.

You would think we could be trusted to cross a road safely without a certain method. The life we save may be our own.