UpstateNYUPSer's Big Weekend!!!

Congratulations Dave, may this remove you from the helm of responsibility and place you in the realm of privilege.

Here's to the newly weds, may all your days be good and your nights better.

toast.jpg
toast.jpg

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
In Dave's eyes, I will see the parts of my father I was too occupied to see on my wedding day, eight years ago, July 2, 2003.
In Steve's arms, while dancing, I will feel the pain of not tucking his little girl in at night and going to bed, knowing she is safe.
And in Tie's heart, I see and will remember the proud daddy, moving his daughter to Vet School and how much it touched me to recognize what daddy's feel but as a daughter, I was to blind to see.

In Tom's life, I am strong and safe.

(And it is nice to have Menotyou there, because, sometimes the girls need to dance together when the guys don't want to dance.)

Blessings to the Newlywed's!!!

(I mention Tie because he did open my eyes to a father's pride in a daughter's accomplishments. Please respect, I see the good in people. My father taught me and it is the greatest gift he, my daddy, shared with his little girl.)

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
In Dave's eyes, I will see the parts of my father I was too occupied to see on my wedding day, eight years ago, July 2, 2003.
In Steve's arms, while dancing, I will feel the pain of not tucking his little girl in at night and going to bed, knowing she is safe.
And in Tie's heart, I see and will remember the proud daddy, moving his daughter to Vet School and how much it touched me to recognize what daddy's feel but as a daughter, I was to blind to see.

In Tom's life, I am strong and safe.

(And it is nice to have Menotyou there, because, sometimes the girls need to dance together when the guys don't want to dance.)

Blessings to the Newlywed's!!!

(I mention Tie because he did open my eyes to a father's pride in a daughter's accomplishments. Please respect, I see the good in people. My father taught me and it is the greatest gift he, my daddy, shared with his little girl.)
What a nice post, aj!

A big pat on the back to Dave, great job, Dad.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks to all for the kind words. My son and I got home about an hour ago. It was truly a great weekend. I only got "the look" once and that was for my "vacation beard", which I did shave off in time for the ceremony. Everyone seemed to have a good time, the food was amazing, the DJ kept everyone on their feet and the photographers did their jobs unnoticed. The only hitch was my son leaving his cell phone in the limo (we got it back). They will be going to a camp in the Adirondacks for a week.