Upstate's 5,000th post - What'll it be

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Good morning all. I actually fell asleep watching the rain delayed (2 hour) Yankees/Red Sox game.

5000 posts? It's been a fun run thus far.

I will start by saying that I have learned a few things here and hope that others may have learned something from me. While we all perform the same job (basically), it is amazing just how different the conditions and policies are from region to region, even from center to center. STUG referred to centers as franchises. STUG is a perfect example of how an excellent employee has had his perspective changed due to the short sightedness of a supervisor, which is a shame as he brought his personality to work, and what could be wrong with that?

Whatdy'abringmetoday thinks he knows me but hasn't a clue. UPS is my career and the extra effort that I bring to the table each day reflect this. I have never been a "good enough" or "just enough" type of person and while that may be used to make fun of me it is just the way that I approach all that I do.

I respect the zeal with which 705red pursues his Union activities and protects the interests of those members within his stewardship but he must realize that the Union is not the "be all, end all" that he makes it out to be. It is possible for 2 adults to rationally sit down and discuss issues without having to introduce a flurry of paperwork.

LTD/BBAG/20PLUS (or whatever name he is going by this week) also hasn't a clue and is barely worth the effort that it took to type this sentence.

I enjoy the friendship I have developed with Dilligaf and Trplnkl. Dilli brings compassion and common sense to whatever thread she responds to while Tex keeps me in line with his good old fashioned Texas common sense. I will most miss not getting to meet both of you on the cruise.:happy2:

Hoax brings a wealth of experience (if you can filter through the cynicism/sarcasm) and is a valuable asset here as he brings a side of the discussion that most of us aren't privy to and is also able to relate stories from his time spent in operations.

The boys from Massachusetts (Over and Cove) bring back memories of my childhood spent in RI and MA.

Drewed tries and I have to give him credit for that but he has soooooo much to learn.

I would have been honored to have worked in a center run by UPS Lifer. His balance of common sense and compassion, combined with the need to put his size 10 1/2 where the sun don't shine if needed, make him an effective leader who produces the desired results without the verbal brow beating most of us are used to in a center manager.

DS, Scratch, Moreluck and helenofcalifornia all bring something special to the table and all are valued members of this forum and I look forward to their posts.

Britney brings comic relief to the threads that she responds to.

Rocketman (Elton) sits at his computer laughing his butt off as he portrays this online persona that is so far removed from who he really is.

There are many, many others I would like to mention but I still have to get ready for work.

I enjoy my time here and try not to offend. I would hope that I am not only known as the grammar/spelling police (but, my God, please use preview post before hitting submit reply). I do hope that at least a few of my posts have been helpful.

I wish I was going on the cruise but my cruise is sitting in my basement (new washer/dryer) and in other renovations to my condo.

I am not going anywhere. I will continue to post my beliefs, favorable or not. I do realize that I come off as condescending at times and for that I apologize.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Congrats on 5000 Upstate, your opinion & input is always appreciated here, and you are always welcomed back to New England as a loyal member of REDSOX NATION Covemaster!!!!:happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I am not going anywhere. I will continue to post my beliefs, favorable or not. I do realize that I come off as condescending at times and for that I apologize.

Dave.

We like you the way you are and wouldn't want you to change.

I think you can see that from what people posted ... overwhelminly positive and good natured.

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thanks Upstate. And congrats on post #5000. It'll go down in the record books. And you used a smilie. I'm so damm proud of ya!:wink2:

trickpony1

I will pretend like this is my 5000th post and offer conjecture on Upstate.

It appears Upstate works out of a tiny extended center upstate somewhere.

He may see a "suit and tie" once every 3-4 weeks and that would be in the morning as you can bet the "suit and tie" won't be there at night when the drivers come in.

Maybe Upstate should try working out of a hub that has the District Managers office AS WELL AS the rogue district nurses office who apparently feels the need to "mess" with people's lives to substantiate her job.

There are "suits and ties" that have nothing better to do than stand around with cigarette in one hand and the other hand in their pocket playing with themselves and worry about what you're doing.

I imagine it's easy to be carefree and condescending when one works in the fantasy world of Upstate's. Maybe Upstate should work in the aforementioned (is that a naughty word?) environment and see if that doesn't change his opinion of things.

Okay....I'm ready for post number 5001.

P

pickup

Congrats, upstate, you did hit it out of the park and I managed to catch the ball in the stands:knockedout::greedy:(how much can I sell it for?)

705 9.5

I respect the zeal with which 705red pursues his Union activities and protects the interests of those members within his stewardship but he must realize that the Union is not the "be all, end all" that he makes it out to be. It is possible for 2 adults to rationally sit down and discuss issues without having to introduce a flurry of paperwork.

Dave.
This is my first post and its in response to a 5,000th post. First of let me say congratulations.

Now I registered today because I am a long time lurker and have enjoyed reading this site at least once a week for some time now. But I would like to comment on your reply to RED. I do not know you or how your work environment is but I work at in the same building that RED does. And we do try to sit down and talk like men but it does not work!

The only thing that they know is we are serious when we bring him with us in the office. I'm in a different center then him but if I go/call him and ask him to represent me he never denies me. And i can tell you that my management team lets me have it later about using him because our steward is in their pocket and they can have their way with him.

He has a bulls eye on his back from management and yet even after being fired in the past he does not show fear for himself.

I don't know how good you have it, but without RED I cant even imagine how bad we would have it! Sorry for dealing this thread and again congratulations.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is my first post and its in response to a 5,000th post. First of let me say congratulations.

I don't know how good you have it, but without RED I cant even imagine how bad we would have it! Sorry for dealing this thread and again congratulations.

Welcome to Brown Cafe 705 9.5 Good first post!

Your feedback on 705Red backs up what we have seen here on Brown Cafe.
May not always agree but no one doubts his sincerety or integrity.

Looking forward to your future posts.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I will pretend like this is my 5000th post and offer conjecture on Upstate.

It appears Upstate works out of a tiny extended center upstate somewhere.

He may see a "suit and tie" once every 3-4 weeks and that would be in the morning as you can bet the "suit and tie" won't be there at night when the drivers come in.

Maybe Upstate should try working out of a hub that has the District Managers office AS WELL AS the rogue district nurses office who apparently feels the need to "mess" with people's lives to substantiate her job.

There are "suits and ties" that have nothing better to do than stand around with cigarette in one hand and the other hand in their pocket playing with themselves and worry about what you're doing.

I imagine it's easy to be carefree and condescending when one works in the fantasy world of Upstate's. Maybe Upstate should work in the aforementioned (is that a naughty word?) environment and see if that doesn't change his opinion of things.

Okay....I'm ready for post number 5001.

Which highlights one of the great aspects of Brown Cafe. One gets a diverse view into what UPS is in its various local, geographic and job responsibilities incarnations.
That is why I keep coming back to this "big umbrella".

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Upstate I didnt know you were from MA/RI, at least that area of MA. I wasn't born here in the US, but moved to Taunton MA very young then I grew up one town up from Pawtucket RI in MA. I'm sure you know the area I'm talking about.

Anyway.. you do generally bring good points to the table when you post, which is what matters, despite if anyone including myself agrees or disagrees. Also the occasional bit of humor. Keep up the good work.

jennie

Britney brings comic relief to the threads that she responds to

Thanks NY for mentioning me, and you remembered my name :happy2:
As for me writing about the anus tattoo, I was responding to someone elses
post, I looked for where I saw it but I can't seem to find it, lol.

over9five

Staff member
Congrats, Upstate! I was proud to be mentioned in your 5000th post!

(I hope you also mention me in your 10,000th post)

ih8tbrn

Banned
Congrats on being one of the biggest *******here, keep up the good work. I'll be sure to spit in your hamburger the next time you're at Mickey D's.

P

pickup

Congrats on being one of the biggest *******here, keep up the good work. I'll be sure to spit in your hamburger the next time you're at Mickey D's.

just one of the usual well-wishers spilling out out of the woodworks.