Urban Meyer

10 point

:groooansmileyf:"We didn't play our best game"....Saban said.

Translation: "We couldn't play our best game because we were too busy getting our butts handed to us...Waaaah!":fishbashsmile:

oldngray

nowhere special
Jones has potential but is still just a redshirt sophomore with 2 career starts. It is possible he could improve enough to turn pro but he is definitely not ready yet.

upschuck

Jones has potential but is still just a redshirt sophomore with 2 career starts. It is possible he could improve enough to turn pro but he is definitely not ready yet.
Probably the best first three starts of a college career though, win Big10 championship game, win playoff game, and third and still undetermined, the championship game. Who can say that in their first three starts?

oldngray

nowhere special
Probably the best first three starts of a college career though, win Big10 championship game, win playoff game, and third and still undetermined, the championship game. Who can say that in their first three starts?

He has more potential to become a pro than either Miller or Barrett. He is a big drop back passer instead of an option running QB like the other two so fit more into pro style offenses.

upschuck

He has more potential to become a pro than either Miller or Barrett. He is a big drop back passer instead of an option running QB like the other two so fit more into pro style offenses.
Meyer doesn't put many QB's to the pros. I can't say any of his Fla QBs had a successful or long pro career.

oldngray

nowhere special
Meyer doesn't put many QB's to the pros. I can't say any of his Fla QBs had a successful or long pro career.

Agreed. He doesn't design his offense around a pro style QB. And he taught Jones that same foot shuffle he taught Tebow that Jones would have to later unlearn.

upschuck

I can only hope Harbaugh sticks around for a while, and doesn't use Michigan as an interim job. He'll put some in the NFL.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They recruit athletes then figure out what position for them to play.
Back in the day bear Bryant recruited almost exclusively quarterbacks. Why?

"Because everyone puts their best athletes at qb". This has changed a bit now for sure. Back then there might be 20-30 lbs difference between lineman and the rest of the players.

oldngray

nowhere special
Back in the day bear Bryant recruited almost exclusively quarterbacks. Why?

"Because everyone puts their best athletes at qb". This has changed a bit now for sure. Back then there might be 20-30 lbs difference between lineman and the rest of the players.

One of the Bama defensive players made a comment about trying to tackle Cardale Jones was almost like trying to stop a linebacker because of his size (6'5" 250 lbs).

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
One of the Bama defensive players made a comment about trying to tackle Cardale Jones was almost like trying to stop a linebacker because of his size (6'5" 250 lbs).
It's insane how big these kids are getting.

My grandpa could of went to about any college he wanted to for football. He was the biggest and fastest kid on the team. He played defensive end/OLB at 5'10" 200 lbs. your average running back now days.