Urgent help in background check

romannyc

Hi, I am applying for a package delivery driver position in New York, NY. I have a valid class A CDL in NY, hazmat, tanker, doubles and triples, no restrictions, valid and up to date TWIC and DOT cards. No restrictions, no accidents, only 2 tickets dated 3 years back (seat belt and cell phone). 800 FiCO credit score.
I have a question on a background check. I know if they run it, and something comes up, I would have to wait for another year to run it again.
I have no convictions for felonies or misdemeanors. No pending criminal charges. However, I have a harassment violation in 2015 and disorderly conduct violation in 2016 (in NYS, violation is not a crime). Both resulted in arrest. Both of these violations have an order of protection that is in affect. One is against a dude who attract me, and the other one is against my daughter (during divorce my ex wife accused me of beating my daughter).
Considering that's it's a peak of the season, and I have 1 year of experience driving an oil truck with a stick shift in NYC, what are my chance of passing a background check and getting hired by UPS? My appointment with HR is next week. Please help with your thoughts on this.
Should I take my chance and go for it or wait for one year.

Ps: in NYS, violation is not a crime. Only felonies and misdemeanors are

Regards,

rod

Retired 22 years
Sometimes I wonder if background checks are even looked at. I don't recommend it but I lied like hell when I applied and nothing ever was said.:-)

By The Book

Hi, I am applying for a package delivery driver position in New York, NY. I have a valid class A CDL in NY, hazmat, tanker, doubles and triples, no restrictions, valid and up to date TWIC and DOT cards. No restrictions, no accidents, only 2 tickets dated 3 years back (seat belt and cell phone). 800 FiCO credit score.
I have a question on a background check. I know if they run it, and something comes up, I would have to wait for another year to run it again.
I have no convictions for felonies or misdemeanors. No pending criminal charges. However, I have a harassment violation in 2015 and disorderly conduct violation in 2016 (in NYS, violation is not a crime). Both resulted in arrest. Both of these violations have an order of protection that is in affect. One is against a dude who attract me, and the other one is against my daughter (during divorce my ex wife accused me of beating my daughter).
Considering that's it's a peak of the season, and I have 1 year of experience driving an oil truck with a stick shift in NYC, what are my chance of passing a background check and getting hired by UPS? My appointment with HR is next week. Please help with your thoughts on this.
Should I take my chance and go for it or wait for one year.

Ps: in NYS, violation is not a crime. Only felonies and misdemeanors are

Regards,
I think you should wait, IMO. Reading your story its troublesome that you admit these things but don't take ownership of them.....if you follow me. I say this because you mention that violation isn't a crime, only felonies and misdemeanors are, like twice. If it was up to me to hire you knowing this information I wouldn't. I look for character and the choices people make and you are somehow making these choices in the moment not thinking of the repercussions. I think you have a good work ethic and are a very passionate person. I think your emotions are getting the best of you in many situations.

km3

So, two violations and two orders of protection should not be an issue?

They're looking for things related to dishonesty and theft. I doubt your history will be an issue unless you try to cover it up and hope they don't notice.

The best way to become a FT driver is to put in your time in the center or hub, and wait until your name comes up on the seniority list. Some people fall ass-backwards into the position, but that's the exception.