Urine bottles

ChrisTheBrown

Lol, it must just be part of the job..I've never talked to other drivers or preloaders about it, but I've filled my share of urine bottles already..Even recently while working preload, I've had a couple times where I've had to go so bad (while working in the unload) that when the belt goes off, I look around under the belt & have been lucky enough to find some empty bottles. Gotta do what you gotta do. I ALWAYS make sure to dispose of them, though, especially while out on the road. I will never do anything to get myself in trouble, or jeopardize my cover driver opportunity. Looking forward to filling many more piss bottles over the next 30 years!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would have no problem with contract language specifying a 5-day suspension for the first offense of leaving a urine bottle in the truck, and immediate termination for the second offense. There is absolutely no excuse for such behavior. A few years back I had a guy filling in on my route who was a chronic offender. The second time I found one of his piss bottles in my truck, I took him aside and informed him that any further incidents would result in me beating the living crap out of him after work. He became a believer at that point and the behavior stopped. I was only bluffing, of course, but he didn't know that.

oldngray

nowhere special
I would have no problem with contract language specifying a 5-day suspension for the first offense of leaving a urine bottle in the truck, and immediate termination for the second offense. There is absolutely no excuse for such behavior. A few years back I had a guy filling in on my route who was a chronic offender. The second time I found one of his piss bottles in my truck, I took him aside and informed him that any further incidents would result in me beating the living crap out of him after work. He became a believer at that point and the behavior stopped. I was only bluffing, of course, but he didn't know that.

If you clean out your trash at the end of the day like you are supposed to then you would always throw out any bottles. Too many drivers are slobs or in too much a hurry to get that extra 30 seconds of bonus to clean out their trucks though.

ChrisTheBrown

There are bathrooms in the.building for a reason...use them. Whip your dick out inside a truck to piss in a bottle inside the building....and have a female coworker, sup or whomever walk in on you....and watch what happens. No excuse for that whatsoever.
I always make sure the coast is clear..Unfortunately, can't always get relieved to go..Don't tell me where I can & can't whip it out, k thanks.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Seems like many of us have stated this before, but here goes again: if you can't plan far enough ahead, or hold it so long you feel the need to pee IN THE PACKAGE CAR, you are doing things, completely, the wrong way.

oldngray

nowhere special
Seems like many of us have stated this before, but here goes again: if you can't plan far enough ahead, or hold it so long you feel the need to pee IN THE PACKAGE CAR, you are doing things, completely, the wrong way.

Some routes you can spend hours away from a bathroom with the closest one a long drive if you tried to break off. You can plan ahead but you should still be prepared.

Lol, it must just be part of the job..I've never talked to other drivers or preloaders about it, but I've filled my share of urine bottles already..Even recently while working preload, I've had a couple times where I've had to go so bad (while working in the unload) that when the belt goes off, I look around under the belt & have been lucky enough to find some empty bottles. Gotta do what you gotta do. I ALWAYS make sure to dispose of them, though, especially while out on the road. I will never do anything to get myself in trouble, or jeopardize my cover driver opportunity. Looking forward to filling many more piss bottles over the next 30 years!
WTF

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Some routes you can spend hours away from a bathroom with the closest one a long drive if you tried to break off. You can plan ahead but you should still be prepared.

Yeah, I had a country route once too. If things got bad enough, I knew which roads were uninhabited and could use the bottom step and fertilize the countryside. I never had to do that much, though. Most of the country folk would let you use their bathroom if you asked.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I've run rural routes and if you're that far from a urinal, you're far enough in the sticks to find a quiet dirt road with a tree that needs watering.