US Economy

rickyb

Not true. Just something he said. Which was incorrect as were most things he said.

noam chomsky did a 3 hours cspan book tv interview about 10 years ago.

the book tv host says "...you have published 65 political books, and 33 linguistic books from a total of 60 different publishers. we have been doing book shows here for many many years, and i have never heard of anybody publishing 98 books."

so the "market" which you bow before, has said there is extraordinary demand for noam chomsky books and what he has to say.

oldngray

nowhere special
noam chomsky did a 3 hours cspan book tv interview about 10 years ago.

the book tv host says "...you have published 65 political books, and 33 linguistic books from a total of 60 different publishers. we have been doing book shows here for many many years, and i have never heard of anybody publishing 98 books."

so the "market" which you bow before, has said there is extraordinary demand for noam chomsky books and what he has to say.

Anybody can get books published and there will always be idiots willing to buy even if it's all garbage. How many times he repeated himself in more books doesn't make him any less wrong.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

lets not forget women used to not work and 1 man could single handedly provide for his family.
i watched some PBS frontline documentary with bill moyers, they followed 2 families for 30 years in cities that were de-industrialized. 1 guy who had a manufacturing job made $40/hr, and lost it, and after 30 years of trying, the couple together were finally able to earn the $40 that the 1 guy earned by himself.

u can barely get by on $15/hr right, so why would $17/hr be middle class.

I call BS on the $40/hr 30 years ago.

oldngray

nowhere special
name some names then LOL . the cspan book tv host couldnt name one.

Then the guy on c-span was about as dumb as the one he interviewed. Not surprising since he probably chose who to interview. And didn't even bother to prepare himself beforehand.

rickyb

Then the guy on c-span was about as dumb as the one he interviewed. Not surprising since he probably chose who to interview. And didn't even bother to prepare himself beforehand.

you can still name someone (conservative, radical, etc) who did 100 books

rickyb

in the "class war the attack on working people" which was recorded in 1998, chomsky says wages of high school grads had dropped 25% from their peak. its probably 30 - 35% now.