US Economy

moreluck

golden ticket member
What has the Republican led Congress done to alleviate that? The disconnect in your mind is incredible. What would you have President Obama do? Seize dictatorial powers to implement his ideas?

You people (yes, I know how that sounds) blame President Obama for everything, yet hinder the smallest changes he tries to make.

The 'job creators' have done quite well, yet the only jobs are low paying and mostly overseas. What exactly do you expect?

I expect a president that knows what the hell he is doing......instead of a campaigner in chief !! We have a blamer that takes responsibility for nothing.....a spine of playdoh,
the yellow kind.
A couple of those years it was ALL Democratic.........what did they do to fix it??? At 2/3 Democatic....what is being done ??? Blame the Republicans.....then be prepared to turn it ALL over so the GOP can fix the D. mistakes.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So dumb. Why would managers speculate with people's retirement?

Public pension funds stung by Facebook's falling stock

NEW YORK — Wall Street investors aren't the only ones feeling the sting of Facebook
Inc.'s falling stock: So are some of the country's troubled government pension funds.

Public employee retirement funds from around the country took part in the Menlo Park, Calif., social
networking juggernaut's May 18 initial public offering and plowed millions of dollars into
Facebook stock before its value plunged.

The Arkansas teacher pension fund is part of a group of institutional investors that includes
the Fresno County Employees' Retirement Assn. (estimated Facebook losses: $1 million) and
the North Carolina Retirement Systems (estimated losses: $12.4 million).

The group has filed papers seeking to become lead plaintiffs in the case.
Two major California pensions also bet big on Facebook.

The California Public Employees' Retirement System, the country's largest public pension, refused
to reveal how many shares it bought in the IPO. CalPERS had 557,140 Facebook shares on
May 23 and more than doubled its stake to 1.3 million shares as of this week, according to a spokeswoman.

The California State Teachers' Retirement System bought about 500,000 shares in the IPO — worth
about $19 million — and sold them when the price briefly popped on the first day.

CalSTRS made about $250,000 on the sale, a spokesman said.

Public pension funds stung by Facebook's falling stock - Los Angeles Times

PSSST... Texan, Facebook stock is now at 45 dollars a share. Those invested in the IPO are sitting nicely now.

Kinda puts your story out of date.

Peace

TOS

PSSST... Texan, Facebook stock is now at 45 dollars a share. Those invested in the IPO are sitting nicely now.

Kinda puts your story out of date.

Peace

TOS

pssst,

that is because its a year old. The real question is probably how many bailed below 38, or their break even. Some paid as much as 45 on day 1.

texan

Ok...... Facebook and other stocks seem to be doing well with the governments $85 billion-a-month
bond-buying program. One still has to wonder where that will take us?

But.....

"Now, this debt ceiling -- I just want to remind people in case you haven't been keeping up -- raising the
debt ceiling, which has been done over a hundred times, does not increase our debt; President Obama
a few days ago at the Buisness Roundtable.

I guess he is so different now, than when he was a Senator in 2006.

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure.

It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills.

It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our
Government’s reckless fiscal policies… America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better.”

Senator Barack Obama on March 20, 2006

- See more at: Obama: 'Raising the Debt Ceiling...Does Not Increase Our Debt,' Though It Has 'Over 100 Times' | CNS News

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/09/18/remarks-president-business-roundtable

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/debtlimit.asp

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
R90MV8N8NFJTCR1H-rszw514.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ok...... Facebook and other stocks seem to be doing well with the governments $85 billion-a-month
bond-buying program. One still has to wonder where that will take us?

But.....

"Now, this debt ceiling -- I just want to remind people in case you haven't been keeping up -- raising the
debt ceiling, which has been done over a hundred times, does not increase our debt; President Obama
a few days ago at the Buisness Roundtable.

I guess he is so different now, than when he was a Senator in 2006.

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure.

It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills.

It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our
Government’s reckless fiscal policies… America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better.”

Senator Barack Obama on March 20, 2006

- See more at: Obama: 'Raising the Debt Ceiling...Does Not Increase Our Debt,' Though It Has 'Over 100 Times' | CNS News

Remarks by the President at the Business Roundtable | The White House

snopes.com: Obama on the Debt Limit

Texan, you are a charming older guy, and I give you credit for at least paying attention, even if its fox news. But what you are comparing is apples to oranges.

When OBAMA was a senator, he was complaining about BUSH and the GOP congress wreckless spending ( raising the debt limits for NEW spending nine times) without a way to pay for it. Thus his quotes.

TODAY, Obama is saying, we have to raise the debt ceiling to PAY FOR things we already spent money on without paying for it. Like the wars and the bush tax cuts.

He isnt raising the debt ceiling to cover NEW spending. Its about paying for things the congress already authorized.

Lets try to get all the facts before we start repeating the right wing nonsense.

Peace

TOS

upsgrunt

Nonsense is that you expect people to believe you have the secret decoder ring that deciphers to you what people say and what they actually mean when they say it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Texan, you are a charming older guy, and I give you credit for at least paying attention, even if its fox news. But what you are comparing is apples to oranges.

When OBAMA was a senator, he was complaining about BUSH and the GOP congress wreckless spending ( raising the debt limits for NEW spending nine times) without a way to pay for it. Thus his quotes.

TODAY, Obama is saying, we have to raise the debt ceiling to PAY FOR things we already spent money on without paying for it. Like the wars and the bush tax cuts.

He isnt raising the debt ceiling to cover NEW spending. Its about paying for things the congress already authorized.

Lets try to get all the facts before we start repeating the right wing nonsense.

Peace

TOS
You need to get your facts straight. In the past, the debt ceiling was raised all the time, but it always involves cuts in spending too..........Obama wants the ceiling raised with no cuts.

wkmac

In the past, the debt ceiling was raised all the time, but it always involves cuts in spending too

Being that the debt ceiling was raised 90 times in the 20th century alone, if spending was cut every time, the size and cost of gov't would be near zero right now. Besides, if spending was cut, why would one need to borrow more money and thus cause the need to raise the debt ceiling once again?

I don't think TOS is the only one here without all the facts.

sjcea0512

Peace

TOS

Yeah pay no attention to the 2 trillion Obama needs to pay for the train wreck we call obamacare and every other program he has started to coddle the worthless free loaders of this country and the worthless green energy companies he throws billions at! No the debt ceiling doesn't need to be raised for any of those problems. Its all Bush's fault and the Republicans!! Give me a break! !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Being that the debt ceiling was raised 90 times in the 20th century alone, if spending was cut every time, the size and cost of gov't would be near zero right now. Besides, if spending was cut, why would one need to borrow more money and thus cause the need to raise the debt ceiling once again?

I don't think TOS is the only one here without all the facts.
On a smaller level........my standard bills increase all the time so I have to raise my debt ceiling.....(cable from $99 to $129 with no changes or additions to service).
So, I have to make cuts.....like groceries and other spending to meet the same old bills. You DO need more money to pay the old bills and you get it by adjusting your spending.
Simple economics.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
On a smaller level........my standard bills increase all the time so I have to raise my debt ceiling.....(cable from $99 to $129 with no changes or additions to service).
So, I have to make cuts.....like groceries and other spending to meet the same old bills. You DO need more money to pay the old bills and you get it by adjusting your spending.
Simple economics.
But, but, with your great business and investing skills, wouldn't your income rise by more than enough to offset those increases?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yeah pay no attention to the 2 trillion Obama needs to pay for the train wreck we call obamacare and every other program he has started to coddle the worthless free loaders of this country and the worthless green energy companies he throws billions at! No the debt ceiling doesn't need to be raised for any of those problems. Its all Bush's fault and the Republicans!! Give me a break! !!

Another political genius in our midst.

The cost of Obamacare ( ACA ) is spread over 10 years dude. Do some simple division or are you this dumb that you can only repeat the large number the GOP throws at you knowing you dont have the capacity to spread it over those years?

You do realize that the cost of our military over the next 20 years is like 50 Kajillion dollars right?

How ridiculous does that sound. You can take any cost and add it up over a multitude of years and then leave out the "years" part to make it sound bad.

Oh wait, Hannity probably told you about the cost so it must be true.

Parrots. Give them a cracker and they will repeat anything.

Peace

TOS

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Ever hear of "FIXED INCOME" ? Ever hear of Icing on the cake? You'll grow up someday.
You have bragged about your market killings, is that fixed income? You have bragged about your real estate deals, is that fixed income?

As long as we're tossing cake proverbs around, 'You can't have your cake and eat it, too.'

BTW, household budgets and government budgets only equate with the small minded.

Lets say I was 19 (I was in fact 19 once) and was filling out applications. I wanted to start paying for my $3.69 a gal. gas and save a little for school. Okay and maybe go out and party a little. So now a have a couple of interviews and I'm told that I can't work more than 25 hrs a week. Can I really afford to work 3.5 hrs a day 7 days a week?

moreluck

golden ticket member
You have bragged about your market killings, is that fixed income? You have bragged about your real estate deals, is that fixed income?

As long as we're tossing cake proverbs around, 'You can't have your cake and eat it, too.'

BTW, household budgets and government budgets only equate with the small minded.
People who play the market don't have money delivered to them the next day................it's all on paper. In the portfolio. I only budget with the fixed income . Even Social Sec. went 2 years with no COLA.

Yes, I have owned many properties and they doubled in value.......back in Utah and in the 80's
I've done well in many areas in many decades..........you act like I'm raking it in daily. I only deal with fixed income. I budget and live within my means. I don't spend every penny made. Portfolios are not petty cash. Priceline made me $13,000 last week.....in the portfolio!!!!

Now, I will tell you something current........... I made $400 in 4 hours at our garage sale Saturday.

Speaking of small minded.....Barack can't handle even a household budget.
You know why he got another dog ?? He needed a friend.