US solider freed from captivity in Afghanistan

moreluck

golden ticket member
Susan Rice is under the bus again !!

Military people say he was a deserter and she's out there saying he served with honor and distinction..

He called his unit the next day and said he had deserted.

oldngray

nowhere special
The Pentagon on several occasions had ground-level intelligence on where ArmySgt. Bowe Bergdahl was being held captive at various times — down to how many gunmen were guarding him — but special operations commanders repeatedly shelved rescue missions because they didn’t want to risk casualties for a man they believed to be a “deserter,” sources familiar with the mission plans said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ahls-whereabouts-but-didnt-ris/#ixzz33a4shNbN
http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=ctd-fI3Dar4z1uacwqm_6r&u=washtimes

moreluck

golden ticket member
When Qatar doesn't hold up their end of the trade.....what then ??

These 5 should have never been released.

This is all a joke and the joke's on us.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe this is Obama's way of closing Gitmo......could he be that dumb?

You don't close a zoo by setting free all the dangerous animals.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When the five arrived at their new holding place in Qatar, their comment was probably....."What, no lighted soccer field?"

brett636

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/...ll-pursue-desertion-charges-107363.html?hp=l4
I think everyone needs to stop judging this young man before they have all the facts.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for waiting for the real "facts" to come out as I have my suspicions that they won't be too flattering to this so called "POW". Aside from Obama breaking yet another law and most likely avoiding the impeachment he so deserves, I wonder how long it will take for these 5 terrorists to drop off the map and begin planning their revenge attacks for their captivity. I just don't see how this will end well for our country as whole.

MAKAVELI

The facts are in .
GUILTY of desertion .
Very few are actually defending his actions .
Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is “innocent until proven guilty,” Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey said this morning, responding to questions about whether Bergdahl might’ve been captured after deserting his post in Afghanistan.

Whatever the circumstances of Bergdahl’s disappearance, the U.S. Army does not leave its troops behind, Dempsey said. There’ll be time enough to determine what happened — and whether Bergdahl faces discipline — after he’s further along in his recovery, Dempsey said.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
US Code Title 18, Chapter 115, § 2381 – Treason:
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Article 85 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice states: “Any person found guilty of desertion or attempt to desert shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.”

The government story that he fell behind on a patrol is laughable to anyone who has deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq. A patrol isn't a leisurely stroll through the woods or the city, we're always in contact and keep track of one another. He didn't lag behind, he upped and left in the middle of the night, he deserted and got people killed. If Bradley Manning has to rot away in prison for 20 years, so does this kid.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
“I am sorry for everything here [in Afghanistan]. These people need help, yet what they get is the most conceited country in the world telling them that they are nothing and that they are stupid.”
“I am ashamed to be an American. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools. I am sorry for everything. The horror that is America is disgusting.”
Bowe Bergdahl

Babagounj

Strength through joy
died-searching-for-bowe-bergdahl.jpg

From left, below Bergdahl: PFC Matthew Martinek, SSG Kurt Curtiss, PFC Morris Walker, SSG Clayton Bowen, 2LT Darryn Andrews, SSG Michael Murphy .
The six heroes pictured won’t be the last Americans to die because of Bergdahl .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is “innocent until proven guilty,” Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey said this morning, responding to questions about whether Bergdahl might’ve been captured after deserting his post in Afghanistan.

Whatever the circumstances of Bergdahl’s disappearance, the U.S. Army does not leave its troops behind, Dempsey said. There’ll be time enough to determine what happened — and whether Bergdahl faces discipline — after he’s further along in his recovery, Dempsey said.
You mean after he's injected with something to make him be just sick enough to make his return "Obama's rescue of a sick man". So when he recovers from the "disease" then the court martial can take place .

moreluck

golden ticket member
The government story that he fell behind on a patrol is laughable to anyone who has deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq. A patrol isn't a leisurely stroll through the woods or the city, we're always in contact and keep track of one another. He didn't lag behind, he upped and left in the middle of the night, he deserted and got people killed. If Bradley Manning has to rot away in prison for 20 years, so does this kid.
He even left a note behind saying that he was deserting!!

MAKAVELI

Article 85 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice states: “Any person found guilty of desertion or attempt to desert shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.”
He hasn't been convicted of anything yet. If the military's top officials says he is innocent until proven guilty, then we all should give him his day in court.

oldngray

nowhere special

Who said he was on patrol? He walked off post and went either AWOL or deserted. If the government tried to claim it was a war situation and Taliban aren't terrorists, then by definition AWOL = deserter.