using "rel num"

bddaddy

Why does the "rel num" button work at every stop? I had an envelope for an apartment, slid it in the mail slot on their door then went to "stop complete" and got the dreaded "no Dr". Trying to figure out what to do I hit the "rel num" and it gave me a number so I stop completed it. I now realize that "rel num" can be used even on packages that are not "shipper release".

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Why does the "rel num" button work at every stop? I had an envelope for an apartment, slid it in the mail slot on their door then went to "stop complete" and got the dreaded "no Dr". Trying to figure out what to do I hit the "rel num" and it gave me a number so I stop completed it. I now realize that "rel num" can be used even on packages that are not "shipper release".

The real question here is why would you need relnum when you get paid by the hour. If you can't DR it, yellow tag and move on. Try again another day and keep making money.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
You may need to reread his post. He already dropped it through the mailslot.
I read the post, the OP said, "I now realize that "rel num" can be used even on packages that are not "shipper release". Hence, the reason for my reply.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Thats pld school and obviously they dont want you to use it. Just slide it under hit signature and write in signature slid under door. No consequences will happen its in the apt.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I've never used this feature. 25 years ago a shipper would put a release number on a package so you could leave it, much like shipper release now. If the shipper didn't generate it, I'm not using it.

Overpaid Union Thug

We were instructed to leave all Shipper Release packages in a PCM. Someone asked the center manager what to do when the DIAD requires a signature and were told to hit the Rel Num Key. It supposedly means Release Number.